• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is getting old.

DuckKilla

Apr 8, 2005
North East Texas
I really hoped this place would be different especially with all the lessons that could have been learned from past mistakes.
I am both a ham operator and CB operator and the little snide comments are really getting old.
This place is becoming just another CB bashing ham diatribe.The last straw was a comment in the FT 840 thread.
Dont we have enough forums out there for that.
It amazes me how people tend to assume a ham ticket makes them an instant radio god.Give me a break.I miss the old hams like my uncle who reached out to help other operators without the superior op attitude.God rest his soul.
Hams cry about opening the flood gates by relaxing code requirements.To my uncles generation its a joke because if you had to go by the standards his generation went by you would hear a bunch of these superior radio ops crying its to hard we need to slack off on the requirements.
His generation encouraged people.
The new ham hiarchy discourages people.Constant whining and constantly crying about new ops ruining the bands.
With the average age of hams in the age group it is now if the bad attitude doesnt change then amateur radio faces a very gloomy future.There wont be any one left to complain and noone left to complain about.
I love the radio hobby.CB and Ham.This constant fighting serves no purpose but to destroy the hobby.
I have brought all these points up before only to fall on deaf ears.I know I am waisting my breath but if I didnt speak out about BS once in awhile I couldnt live with myself.
Stop and think about this also.If talking on a forum or a radio for that matter is your life then you have serious problems.
If making snide comments and tearing other people down is what makes you feel importent then you are a pitifull weak person with a very small fragile ego.
In parting I would like to say these words of wisdom.
Arguing on the internet or radio is like running in the special olympics.Even if you win your still a retard. :shock:

I read the ft-840 thread and I do not see what part of it offended you?

I hope to see you stay, get in the discussions and debate both sides thats the great thing about forums, we are not all going to see things at the same level but it makes it very interesting for the readers as long as there is no name calling and bashing.

Stick around and help keep the hobby fun

I agree.Where in the thread was it a ham vs. CB'er thing? A statement was made that maybe a "bonehead" messed with the radio.That bonehead could have been a CB'er or a ham.Messing with the innards of an HF rig without knowing what you are doing does make you a bonehead regardless of being a CB'er or a ham.I see lots of comments made by CBers about hams thinking they are better than others and having a holier than thou attitude and I don't go crying foul about it.

Stop and think about this also.If talking on a forum or a radio for that matter is your life then you have serious problems.
If making snide comments and tearing other people down is what makes you feel importent then you are a pitifull weak person with a very small fragile ego.
Arguing on the internet or radio is like running in the special olympics.Even if you win your still a retard.

Words to live by. ;)

Duckkilla...I agree with your points, however I don't see any CB bashing in that thread. There are some "10-4, good buddy" comments mixed in with comments about people who monkey with a radio they don't understand, but I didn't view that as a ham vs. cb thing. I'm both a ham op and a CBer. Every day on my long traffic-jam drive to work, I have the CB on 19 listening or talking to all the hundreds of truckers along my commute, which is a major truck route in and out of Los Angeles. Truckers really DO say "10-4, good buddy" you know. I hear it every day! :LOL: So mixing it in with some posts, is no different than if I scattered a few "hi-hi" or "roger, roger" comments around in posts, too.

Remember, over-reacting to something encourages it just as much as endorsing it. Something to think about.

I went back and reread the thread....I too saw the 10-4 bit but didn't see a promanate CB vs Ham bash. All I saw was two guys talking about a FT840 as anyone would do eye to eye.

Now with that being said,,,I'm a CBer period...no ticket and don't want one and I'l be one of the first to defend to CB useage...(it's not a hobby according to some)...

I think all is well and we as Mods and Admin's are doing a better job now than in the past in controlling bashing...

Duckilla hang around a bit longer, then if you still really feel this forum is like that, PM me and I'll remove you from the member list.

Peddler

DuckKilla said:
I really hoped this place would be different especially with all the leasons that could have been learned from past mistakes.
I am both a ham operator and CB operator and the little snide comments are really getting old.
This place is becoming just another CB bashing ham diatribe.The last straw was a comment in the FT 840 thread.
Dont we have enough forums out there for that.
It amazes me how people tend to assume a ham ticket makes them an instant radio god.Give me a break.I miss the old hams like my uncle who reached out to help other operators without the superior op attitude.God rest his soul.
Hams cry about opening the flood gates by relaxing code requirements.To my uncles generation its a joke because if you had to go by the standards his generation went by you would hear a bunch of these superior radio ops crying its to hard we need to slack off on the requirements.
His generation encouraged people.
The new ham hiarchy discourages people.Constant whining and constantly crying about new ops ruining the bands.
With the average age of hams in the age group it is now if the bad attitude doesnt change then amateur radio faces a very gloomy future.There wont be any one left to complain and noone left to complain about.
I love the radio hobby.CB and Ham.This constant fighting serves no purpose but to destroy the hobby.
I have brought all these points up before only to fall on deaf ears.I know I am waisting my breath but if I didnt speak out about BS once in awhile I couldnt live with myself.
Arguing on the internet or radio is like running in the special olympics.Even if you win your still a retard. :shock:

Oh get a friggen LIFE! There was NO CB bashing in the thread except that the author of the original post talked CBspeak in his reply to the posts already put up. And he was talking in "first person" mode which means referring to HIMSELF! Perhaps he wanted to self-bash himself?

Not one single reply to that thread mentioned "retards" or "snide comments" or "tearing other people down." Not one single post called anyone a name. All the replies I see are all of a helpful nature and the author replied he was getting the filter.

The only thing I saw that offended me was "Arguing on the internet or radio is like running in the special olympics.Even if you win your still a retard." This is a very "degrading" comment
in my opinion.BUT: the 2 subjects are totally different. I'm not
gonna run from the forum for that comment either!
Things ARE a helluva lot better,around here, than they used to be for sure! Stick around and see my friend.
Slim CDX285 :)

Moleculo said:
I have the CB on 19 listening or talking to all the hundreds of truckers along my commute, which is a major truck route in and out of Los Angeles. Truckers really DO say "10-4, good buddy" you know. I hear it every day! :LOL:

Hey Mole, being called a " good buddy " by a truck driver is not a good thing, 10fo.

You know what I know what this is about and I in no way intended this as a bash on anyone I am just an average joe like anyone else out here I ownt CB and HF radios I am not a basher on anyone I said the comment I did because there are some morons in radio land and what I mean by morons is well lets take the cover off this and turn this wide open because the needle really moves or better yet hmmm how about i turn these right here and see what happens!!! That goes for cb export and ham operators . Thats all I meant if ya go look at all my latest posts there old palomar sideband radio help wanted a cobra 2000 forsale and other questions nobody sits in the hf radio section and beats anyone else down cb export etc it was a simple joke taht had nothing to do with you or anyone inparticular. The worst part is I am very sick health wise im gonna be 33 on June 20th and after having cancer look at life alot different than most who havent been in my shoes and been through probally more than most older than me and it just kills me seeing the kind of garbage people try stirring up and making a problem out of... Take it from me alot worse things can happen to you in life than a remark someone says that is taken wrong or a flat tire last year on the way fishing or hunting... I am truly sorry if you honestley took something seriously wrong out of my postall I was saying is theres a world full of know it alls. This actually kinda hurt my feelings a tad seeing this post I actually felt pretty bad about what you were getting out of it and decided again what am I thinkin I have worse things to deal with other than someone ripping on me or the forum because of something he made a problem. I am very sorry I didnt think I had to walk on eggshells here we usually have fun with eachother joking around.. I am sure theres a million and one typos but Im not looking back at this I found it kind of offensive.... Again Im sorry .....Tony.....

did i really start my first argument on here??, i am also a ham and cb opp i also repaire ham and cb radios if you knew me you would not think i am a cb basher thats where i spend most of my radio time, there are just as many stupid hams as there are cbers in the uk because the foundation exam is far too easy so easy in fact that my wife who has no interest in radio can pass with ease, consequently i have seen almost as many stupid things done inside radios by hams as cbers, how i explained the deal with the 840 and 747 radios is exactly how it is in the uk, the ft840 is not normally very noisy when compared to the older kenwoods and the few i have come across that where had been turned all the way up on the if gain for the exact reason i indicated, when i typed those words i was not thinking of a cber sat with his makita screwdriver winding round the presets untill his meter said s9+60db from a guy on a handheld 15 miles away i was thinking what have i come across in the 840's that could be causing tonys noisy recieve, dont read so much into what i post, if i wanted to start crap with people on here i would have done it from day one, i am here to learn from and share radio info with the forum members be they hams or cbers.

Ok for starters I dont want to quit the forum.But if it became a hatefest where all people do is slam and degrade I wouldnt be here.
We have had enough of that crap and I think with a few exceptions we all want this forum to be different.
Its like you and a friend who happens to be jewish are joking around and you say you hate jews.He knows your joking but someone walking by will just think your racist.
I have been on this forum for years and have left when I felt it was going to the dogs.It is much better than it has ever been.
Mole and Jeff I am not knocking you guys or the job your doing but I have noticed a trend towards CB versus HAM.
I wasnt trying to make anyone feel bad.
I just didnt want it to turn into a battle between hams and cbers.
All I want is for people to wake up and realize that we are all radio enthusiast and should stick together.Life is to short and if we really love radio we need to work together.
In closing there are some really great people on here and I just think we can do better.
We all get to sensitive at times and just because I disagree with someone doesnt mean I dont like them.

DuckKilla,
We all do get along very well here and I don't think that there is anything to really worry about - bashing that is.

We all do a little joshing from time to time and that's usually when we know the person well enough to do that.

Mole, Audioshock, Hammer, they pretty much know who most of us are and they will not let it go on if it is wrong.

But, glad you have the concern, with more people like you, then the stonger this forum will become.
--------------
DXman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.