• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on Stryker Radios

Question changed, my previous reply is irrelevant.

If you consider Stryker get allmode (am/fm/ssb)
Also ask yourself: do I need high power box, heating quickly, or maybe low power radio and external amplifier?
Personally I prefer second option. I can switch radios, power stays.
Mike

Last edited:
For those of you who may think I'm stupid, please keep your comments to yourselves. I'm only here to learn and read and occasionally, comment. I'm not an "Expert", like some of you who think you are. That's why I'm here. If I can't get a human response, I'll go elsewhere.
Mark me off your list if you don't like me. I thought this was a decent site at first but, the more I'm on, seems the more unwelcome I become.
It's ok though. I've been through a lot worse.

For those of you who may think I'm stupid, please keep your comments to yourselves. I'm only here to learn and read and occasionally, comment.
Mark me off your list if you don't like me. I thought this was a decent site at first but, the more I'm on, seems the more unwelcome I become.
It's ok though. I've been through a lot worse.
Calm down buddy, that's just Mike! If you've been here any amount of time you'd know Mike means no harm, he's just an honest answer kind of guy and EVERYONE in here gets that type of honest answer. But you want that kind of answer from him, he's one of the great knowledge contributors to this forum.

Look up the 955 threads, tons of talk about it in here.

Calm down buddy, that's just Mike! If you've been here any amount of time you'd know Mike means no harm, he's just an honest answer kind of guy and EVERYONE in here gets that type of honest answer. But you want that kind of answer from him, he's one of the great knowledge contributors to this forum.

Look up the 955 threads, tons of talk about it in here.
Thanks. I appreciate a decent, non-insulting, straight answer.

Go ahead. Make fun of me. I can tell several of you don't like me but, that's fine. I'm a grown Man. I can take it. Those who wanna be cute, please don't answer me. It won't hurt my feelings any whatsoever.
I actually meant the 955HP, fyi.
One thing to remember is for SP5IT english is a second language, I don't think he is harsh, just voicing his opinion.
I kind of agree, I have come to the point that I want a all mode rig if I buy a new radio.
The first time I hear SSB and I am stuck with a AM only rig I feel the pain......

Jeff

One thing to remember is for SP5IT english is a second language, I don't think he is harsh, just voicing his opinion.
I kind of agree, I have come to the point that I want a all mode rig if I buy a new radio.
The first time I hear SSB and I am stuck with a AM only rig I feel the pain......

Jeff
Same here. I MADE A MISTAKE. I'm a HUMAN. WE make mistakes. I meant the 955HP.
Anyway, thanks.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
I just changed my original question. Hoping for more friendly, adult answers now. Or, none at all.
It don't matter to me.
I'm only here for knowledge and learning.
Some of you may think my questions are stupid. If, so then, please don't answer.
Keep it to yourself. Thank you.
I'm sure there's some here who will answer appropriately.

Last edited:
I just changed my original question. Hoping for more friendly, adult answers now. Or, none at all.
It don't matter to me.

I own two 955s. I have a V1 and a V2. Both are very nice radios. Yes, mine had/have a couple of quirks, issues. I had one waranteed that actually did not need to be. A user fix came out later. My V2 has had upgraded finals and the radio kicks royal ass. Keep in mind that I am a hobbyist and like to play around to see how tings work. But, these radios are excellent right out of the box. They need nothing but an 11 meter unlock.

My V1 is stock as far as parts go. I have tweaked it a little to optimize output and adjustability for running an external amp. They both have incredible audio so you can not do wrong either way. I have decided that the V2 is my daily rig, and the V1 is packed up in the box sitting on the shelf. I did this because of the updated finals.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated