• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Todd" runs new Ham off 28.425

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already read the President's response, or should I say, lack therof. I am sure "Dishonorable Todd" and the "Honcho" are lurking.

actually,... if you read the 10-10 regulations, it's not the presidents call.

the BoD (board of directors) will make any decision.
</P>
they WILL have all the info at the next convention.:pop:

nice letters/e-mails will go a long way, particulary if you tell them you want to be a member,..... but,....;)

Yes, I have read and understand, but we've seen a glimpse of his mindset, which can have an impact on the governing body.

I don't enjoy slamming the guy, but his response was not what I would have expected from the head of a respected and long standing amateur organization known the world over. This style of leadership is a slap in the face to the original founding members intended purpose of creating the organization.

Todd's blatant disrespect and disparaging remarks against an organization, of which, he is a member, boggles the mind. The initial lack of concern and tolerance of Todd's behavior is equally mind boggeling.

I guess it's just becoming commonplace and perfectly acceptable to be a complete tool on the airwaves.

I believe 10-10 can institute and enforce standards of conduct that would not affect the basic liberties of their members.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
actually,... if you read the 10-10 regulations, it's not the presidents call.

the BoD (board of directors) will make any decision.
</P>
they WILL have all the info at the next convention.:pop:

nice letters/e-mails will go a long way, particulary if you tell them you want to be a member,..... but,....;)

The B.O.D. already has the info (as does their "PR" chairman), You Tube link, etc... I copied all of them in my note to Mel. Only Mel replied and it was very similar to the letter already posted.

Reactions: 1 person
maybe this thread should be forwarded to the 10-10 head honcho too.

The URL of this thread, has already been forwarded to the President of 10-10 As well as several of the board members.
It was included in the e-mail that I posted his reply from.

And Hookedon6 is correct, well thought out emails and letters are a good approach.
I was very respectful in My E-mail to the President of the club, and it`s board members.

I believe 10-10 can institute and enforce standards of conduct that would not affect the basic liberties of their members.
You are correct, if they choose to.

Section 7
The Board of Directors may, by a vote of two-thirds of the members of the Board, revoke a 10-10
membership for conduct detrimental to amateur radio in general or 10-10 in particular. The Board
action may also revoke the member’s 10-10 number.

Jeff

Reactions: 3 people
There you have it, the President don't think it would solve anything take my 10-10 number away. It is NOT going to happen folks! These 10-10 Leadership people are my friends! President and Board of Directors are mostly ALL my Paper Chasing friends. Many of them have Chapters of 10-10 and not only am I a member of 10-10 and I have a VP number, I am a member of at least 4 or 5 of their Chapters of 10-10. They are NOT going to kick me out! DREAM ON...hihi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

@ KC4TVZ, Maybe the new ham that you Tossed on the frequency needs an apology? i don't mind you doing your ten ten thang, only problem i would have is if your bleeding or cussing people out and i haven't heard you do neither but if you did shame on you man you know ham radio is the dark side (awesome).

Cheers and Good DX.

Last edited:
I have been

a 10-10 member since 1993,and always call cq 10-10...i run 28420usb and 29000am all the time,but if someone is calling cq dx,you might get fussed at if you are not dx,dx means out of the country...if you are state side and answer cq dx it is not dx...so if he is calling cq 10-10 he is looking for 10-10 numbers...im not defending him,but he has a point.I call cq 10-10 i dont care if they dont have a 10-10 number,its part of the game of radios...i have never heard him go off on anyone,mainly because i never get off of 28.420 just to check in on the net on 380usb...But what is disturbing to me is the person that calls him and says his call is Tzeroad...to me thats a LID...73 de JW

Reactions: 2 people
As they say, you are the company that you keep. If the entire 10-10 club is supportive of that behavior, there is nothing that interests many of us there. Doesnt matter what license you have, when you got it, or how you got it. If you act like like a reject on the air, then that is what you are.

Reactions: 6 people
If he is calling CQ 10-10 and another OP replies, recognize the call, exchange the numbers for the contact, then explain to the op what 10-10 is all about and why you are calling 10-10 numbers only, you then invite him to join the club.

The video I seen makes " TODD" look like what he really is, a jerk operator, not an insult just an observation.

If indeed you are a VP number holder " as if that is worth the paper it is recorded on" then you above all should hold yourself accountable for your operating actions and strive to promote the 10-10 club in such a way as to bring honor to the club and it's members.

Here in the good old USA we have something called freedom of speech, thus "TODD" can basically say anything he wants to.

I can also point my yagi at his station and reply with as many different 10-10 numbers that I can imagine. Freedom of speech works both ways "TODD".

Four element yagi, 8DBD of gain, our QTH's our only 45 miles apart, what you say we meet for a QSO I can add a few hundred numbers to your collection in about 30 minutes:oops:

Then again one of the rules is using the least amount of power to maintain the contact, when 10 meters is open it only takes a few watts to make the contact, so "TODD" why you running the amplifier in violation of the rules you said you would abide by when you signed your license?

I got my Amateur Radio License for a few reasons. Novice, so I could talk on 10 meters and General so I could legally run 1500 watts PEP. I only run about 500 watts because it is enough. Sorry, but 100 watts is QRP on 10 meters especially when the band is up and own. However, I contact plenty of 25 watt mobiles out there but they would NEVER hear me with 100 watts. So I do follow the rule of only running enough power to make the contacts. However, I could legally be running 1500watts PEP but it is not needed, so I do NOT.

As far as the New Ham who I ran off 28.425, he needs to get a 10-10 number and come on back to 28.425, I would be happy to collect his brand new 10-10 number. You know, some people like to Rag Chew and get to know the Hams the QSO with but I can look them up on QRZ. So I am NOT much of a Gum Bumper. So come on back 28.425 where everyone is treated the SAME, like a number...hihi.

That is about all the apology he will EVER get from me.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Ok.
Before things get to far out of hand.
The Ten Ten Club has been made aware of what is going on.
KC4TVZ has stated what he thinks.
If the BOD or the 10-10 club is going to take any action, I am sure it will take time.
In the mean time, if the Operator continues to act like this on the air, we all now know were to send the complaints.
Also
The FCC has stated many times the no one frequency shall be assigned to any one operator, they are free for ALL of us to use.
Lets not stoop to the level of the ones we accuse of improper conduct.

Jeff

The video some are refering to is a audio recording of me on 28.345, NOT 28.425. I am dealing with a QRM station who wants me to QSY to 20 meters. Most of the time I operate on 28.425 because it is silent here most of the time. However, I was on 28.345 that day because 28.425 was in use. I was trying to be a good operator, like so many tell me to do but the QRM stations followed me to 28.345 and started their QRM. most of the time I am friendly to other friendly hams who have 10-10 numbers. If the truth be known, I will talk to just about any station who I can hear. I have 9,000 confirmed QSOs on eQSL but ONLY 5,100 Ten-Ten numbers collected , so right there is proof I will make a QSO with a NON-10-10 member. What bothers me more as of late is these out right numbskulls, who know without a shadow of a doubt that I KC4TVZ am calling "CQ 10-10" they do not have a 10-10 number, so they make a contact with me, anyway! During the QSO they say it, "I do NOT have a 10-10 number but wanted to say hello , anyway." What a total WASTE of my LIFE and their time because they know I am going to respond with immediately ending the QSO just to call "CQ 10-10" again.

Do it again on 10-10!

73 KC4TVZ Todd

I just want to be CLEAR on this issue. I am the Ten-Ten International Alternate Net Control on Mondays at 18:00UTC on 28.380. So, if you want to get your 10-10 number, PLEASE check into the Net. We will help you make the first 10 Contacts to get your very own 10-10 number, then it is up to you to go make 500 Ten-Ten contacts to get your VP number. When you are trying to get your VP number, oh about 488 is when you will realize exactly what I mean, when I say "CQ 10-10" You will be so CLOSE to the 500 mark but yet so far away and 10 meters band conditions will NOT be working in your favor at all. You might even give up!? Then you will visit the 10-10 web site and read the scrolling logo, "You have to make contacts to get results". Then you will read in the 10-10 newsletter, "10 meters is only dead when nobody is calling CQ" Then at this point, you will understand that I KC4TVZ was only following 10-10 established guidelines when I called "CQ 10-10" time after time after day after day after year after year. :bdh:

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.