• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Took the Exam today,,,

Is it too early to get a reservation for the Hubcap Hilton?? Would you give us a heads-up on when the invitations are going out??

Seriously though, I foresee an antenna farm sprouting up on that spread............

Station in NC...running 100w and beam...on 6m 50.112 working Europe...
Nothing here in IND:mad:

He's killing them...France/England/Czech Rep/Germany...I'm not getting any presently!!!! bummer...need to mow but won't leave radio...it should come my way!!:eek::LOL::LOL:

Well got a couple: Ireland:D/Germany

Reactions: Crawdad and S&W357
Studied for the Technician exam...took that today and passed it! :)

Didn't study for the General exam...took that today and flunked it. :unsure:

story to be continued

I'll be back (y)

CONGRATS: Well I Flunked the General Class as well when I took the Technician but after I studied for 8 evenings for a couple of hours I ACED the written & 5 wpm CW test.I felt the General test was easier than the Technician test after a little study time.I studied the technician for over a month every day & still missed three.I will never upgrade to Extra because I don't have the time to use ll of the bandspace that I have as a General Class so I don't need or want any more & I Hate studying.I have all of that space,the GMRS band,the MURS band,& the CB Band so I'm done.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

Reactions: S&W357 and Crawdad
Not trying to put you on overload Ralph....
Just trying to start a fire!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek:

You're not overloading me Gary LOL I appreciate the info and encouragement! (y)

I've talked to some local and semi local guys on 10 meters plus logged in on three different field day networks around the country last Saturday.

Also logged in earlier this week on a retired guys group in PA on 28.3750

A friend of mine has several 2-meter radios and wants to give me a mobile one to get me going on that band. He wants to give me a NIB Icom but says I can have my choice. He also wants to help me put up a 2-meter antenna.

Meanwhile I'm studying for the General Exam on a website and also using the ARRL General study book. Also I did join ARRL.

Doing these and other things at an old codgers pace of course. As the wise philosopher Clint Eastwood once said, "A man has got to know his limitations"

Thanks,
Ralph

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.