• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Took the Exam today,,,

dxe-8x.pdf (dxengineering.com)

Just FYI: dB calculator for amplification gain and damping (loss) factor of an audio amplifier calculation decibel dB ratio - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

power pic.jpg

i use
ABR INDUDTRIES ABR 400 UF PN 25400F low loss uv resistant direct burial high flex made in usa cable. price is decent very flexible,easy to solder,very nice high quality cable. a radio friend n i bought a big capacity of the cable adding to tad more cash in our pockets. same antenna diffrent wire n i hear you are lots stronger from my simplex group. not sure on loss but id say very low to hear that plus easier to flex.
your milage might vary but next coax needed will be from ABR

ABR Coax: Seems like good product (s)
I worked for BELDEN many years ago, and kinda stay there unless something price wise falls my way.
I bought LMR400 for use on 6/2 meters(total run 75ft. from radios to antenna feeds)
Not really happy with it for money spent.
Have some RFI/leakage, never had with the BELDEN 9913 and others (8214) etc.
Hope to change that out before Winter, and go with Belden 1/2" super flex Heliax.
On 6/2m and 440 bands...One has to account for much more loss.
Check the specs and check loss factor's on 450/150 MHz sections...eye opener's even in short runs...
Like chart above 2db loss in feedline, mean's 45% of your power is lost before it reach's the antenna.
Yes, I know picky...picky...Goes with the territory working 6m all the time...
Above 6 meters(50 MHz) every DB counts...You can't fix the RX loss easily.:eek::mad:

80 thru 10 meters...3db loss is usable...You can always "FIX" the TX loss...:whistle::eek::D
Yardwork calling
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
ABR Coax: Seems like good product (s)
I worked for BELDEN many years ago, and kinda stay there unless something price wise falls my way.
I bought LMR400 for use on 6/2 meters(total run 75ft. from radios to antenna feeds)
Not really happy with it for money spent.
Have some RFI/leakage, never had with the BELDEN 9913 and others (8214) etc.
Hope to change that out before Winter, and go with Belden 1/2" super flex Heliax.
On 6/2m and 440 bands...One has to account for much more loss.
Check the specs and check loss factor's on 450/150 MHz sections...eye opener's even in short runs...
Like chart above 2db loss in feedline, mean's 45% of your power is lost before it reach's the antenna.
Yes, I know picky...picky...Goes with the territory working 6m all the time...
Above 6 meters(50 MHz) every DB counts...You can't fix the RX loss easily.:eek::mad:

80 thru 10 meters...3db loss is usable...You can always "FIX" the TX loss...:whistle::eek::D
Yardwork calling
All the Best
Gary
times lmr 400 n i wasnt getting out as good as expected . installed the abr n everybody in my simplex group thought i had a bigger antenna. yes i agree with you on lossy times lmr 400. i like belden coax,got about 75 ft of belden coax on a spool from the 80's,much better copper

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.