• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trains causing carriers and heterodynes all over the CB band.

Why would they need to "clear it out"? You even said in post #14 that it would be near impossible for a CB to interfere with the trains. As of now we can legally use 11m, but they don't enforce anything. Why not do away with CB and not enforce anything. Either way they can allow other uses if they would like.

You say that 11m is worthless to the fcc, but state it is so important that they could never get rid of it. Which is it, because you are stating they are already trashing it. Why would they allow trashing the all important trucker band?

My impression was that the rail gear isn’t worth going thru piece by piece. Stiff 11-meter users.

My impression was that the rail gear isn’t worth going thru piece by piece. Stiff 11-meter users.

I would say this is correct. They tossed them a frequency in a portion of the spectrum that has no value and has outlived its purpose. The fcc knows that Congress will never be convinced that truckers can't find their way with only GPS and cell phones. Every person in the country can communicate wirelessly now, so CB is obsolete in its original intention. Be thankful for what you have.

Reactions: W4KVW and Slowmover
I would say this is correct. They tossed them a frequency in a portion of the spectrum that has no value and has outlived its purpose. The fcc knows that Congress will never be convinced that truckers can't find their way with only GPS and cell phones. Every person in the country can communicate wirelessly now, so CB is obsolete in its original intention. Be thankful for what you have.
They tossed them one frequency and the railroad stole the entire band. The FCC knows congress will never work for the people again and I'll be thankful when those on the top of the chain are required to follow the rules they expect us minions to follow.

Reactions: Slowmover

But I just can’t read that other drivers cell number as he comes past out of the receivers yard.

its a local thing in my area.wife and i attended a local hamfest.the president of the local chapter was saying ask him n he would gladly show and explane in detail the test and all.i waited till he wasnt busy.walked up introduced my wife n i ,then said im interested in taking the test.he said im busy dont bother me. He then walked over n started bsing with a few of his friends..
Looked around n a man that WAS a club member said hi to him he snubbed him too. I talked to the snubbed guy n he said his membership expires n its the end of it for that reason.
My wife n i been through some bad stuff,she said no way your gonna be around people like this.kinda got off the ham idea after that. Im ok with my cb radios. I sold my like new kenwood 271 ihad n said its over

So you let how a few people act control your choices in anything? You do know that there is no such thing as any Perfect Group or Hobby because in everything in life the are Bad Apples? If you do this then it is your own fault or you are using it as an excuse because letting others run your life is like living in a dictatorship & I don't allow that is my life choices for anything including my hobbies.If you were only ever planning upon using a 2 meter radio then you were leaving out HF which is by far the best part of being on Amateur Radio but you will never know unless you forget about the clowns you are allowing to control your life WIN & be your BOSS.Show everyone any Hobby or pass time that is PERFECT without people like this so we can join & sure enough eventually someone will also mess it up.Take control of your life & STOP letting someone else make your life choices or life will be passed you by & you will have missed a lot of joy in your life.

SIX-SHOOTER

That's sad there guy. Sadly a lot of hams are this way and then sit around and whine that nobody wants anything to do with the hobby. Its all because of the shitty attitudes hams have.... I used to be active and one day I had enough and just walked away... Im ok with my CB stuff.

I do BOTH Hobbies & I find more than enough Shitty Attitudes in both but I don't care because I can simply turn the dial & get away from them.I think it's funny that so many people can't understand just how simple that is & let it bother them.On Amateur Radio there are HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of frequencies to use & it appears some can't find any that they can't find a single person who is not an A--Hole? Maybe it's not everybody else who is the problem if that is the case since so many of us seem NOT to have that issue? Some folks need to just look in a mirror for the real problem & some do but won't admit they are it or they have thin skin & can't be a man and admit it because they are so PERFECT.If the shoes fit then slip them on.I have been a Ham Operator 25 years & it's strange that I don't have an issue & I have been doing CB Radio since 1965 & I don't have any issue there? How is that possible because odds say I would the way some describe the problem? Some seriously need to check that mirror really badly.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: BJ radionut
Im ok with my cb radios.and leaves more money for firearms.
I just got another new firearm friday.my birthday gift to me.
Im sure wife n daughter will chip in n make sure they are in the mix

One thing about the CB too is many yards use CB to contact drivers waiting in line. It isn't just for "Smokey situation" reports now, it is used by many for actual communications. Many drivers won't even turn theirs on now until it is needed for their delivery appointment. So unless companies start doing like restaurants and handing out pagers that you turn in when you check back in, CB will still be needed.

Yes i use mine for loading instructions. Plus most places we load ,r.r. Is there too

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.