• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram D201A........this will blow your mind!

This radio has not been turned on no more than 10 times in its life. I have listed the KICKER 500 watt linear which was matched up to this radio.

A quote from the previous owner of this so called NEW Tram D201A. Any radio which ["has been turned on no more than 10 times"] (LOL) and a ["KICKER 500 watt linear was also matched up to this radio"] in my book this radio is USED.

First, that's assuming that it's the same radio...while you can suspect that, you don't know it.

Second, what 30+ year old radio in an open box could be "new"?

Put the word "new" into context with the fellows item description(w/original box, manual, schematic, great condition, 9.5 of 10, etc, etc) instead of picking the guy apart, and it seems reasonable to me.

I guess it's common to believe that anyone who buys and sells items for profit is a crook. I say horse crap, that's just jealousy, which I believe is the same feeling that is driving this thread.

Oh well....I hope the guy makes a good buck....his customers are quite obviously satisfied.

995 said:
Oh well....I hope the guy makes a good buck....his customers are quite obviously satisfied.

I was one of his customers once and I wasn't satisfied.

And unlike yourself I don't condone fraudulent listings on eBay.

That explains a lot!

He has zero negative feedback from buyers. PERIOD. Posting your complaint here is worthless.

Condone fraud? I most certainly do not. I think the guy is being nit-picked because he's about to turn a good profit. Unlike others, I say good for him.

Let's not try to twist our opinions into facts. What I posted is merely my opinion.

I think that radio is as close to "new" as a open box 30 year old radio could be. I certainly haven't seen one that appears "newer". The customer can read his description, and see the pictures.

Bottom line, I disagree with you....I for one, am OK with that :D

I'm outta here...have a good day...

:D

Tram D201 (A) Which radio will blow it away!

I was wondering which radio everybody thinks will blow a Tram D201 or D201A away! Consider this please before commenting, are you talking about one that is not factory spec? Mine has been gone through by Barkett Electronics PH. 256-350-3848, this radio is over 30 years old and allot of parts need to be replaced or adjusted to bring it to factory specifcations! I would say about 99% of persons that own this radio never do this, if it has any kind of recieve or still transmits they only fix it to keep it going. I am not just talking from a point of some kind of Tram nut- Here are radios I HAVE to compare it to: GE SuperBase, Midland 78-999, Tram D300 (Close on Transmit)SBE Console 5 w/Digiscan UFO,SBE Land Command AM/SSB LCBS-8, Robyn AM500D,RCI 2950 :D and Last Colt Excaliber (DX Version) Please let me know because I am always wanting to add to my collection

Re: Tram D201 (A) Which radio will blow it away!

texas trader said:
I was wondering which radio everybody thinks will blow a Tram D201 or D201A away! Consider this please before commenting, are you talking about one that is not factory spec? Mine has been gone through by Barkett Electronics PH. 256-350-3848, this radio is over 30 years old and allot of parts need to be replaced or adjusted to bring it to factory specifcations! I would say about 99% of persons that own this radio never do this, if it has any kind of recieve or still transmits they only fix it to keep it going. I am not just talking from a point of some kind of Tram nut- Here are radios I HAVE to compare it to: GE SuperBase, Midland 78-999, Tram D300 (Close on Transmit)SBE Console 5 w/Digiscan UFO,SBE Land Command AM/SSB LCBS-8, Robyn AM500D,RCI 2950 :D and Last Colt Excaliber (DX Version) Please let me know because I am always wanting to add to my collection

if you hear Crack and Mean pill out there on the bowl you will see them trams make a real smooth sound that the new radios today lack...

Which radios are beter than a Tram D201(A)

Please read my post about the Tram D201 I own, I am always looking for an excellent radio to add to my collection that I use almost everyday, no cobwebs here! I just don't see much out there with quality!

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
a nice radio for its day
great for a collector

but so many radios would destroy it today

ofcourse a collector is not conserned about that

myself
i go over board in many ways with radios
but i want the best availible in todays technology

why take 3 or 4 steps back

looks nice though

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.