• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trivia-- Name This Radio!

A

Auto76354

All right. I received this email asking me to come up with the model number for this radio.

"I am trying to find a model number for my Galaxy radio,It is a 6 band AM FM SSB CW with a frequency counter,with a white or brushed alum. face. The serial no. is 012749,with a code number 110. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks for Your Time Tim"

"My radio has no gold trim or anything on it, It has 6 AM bands with a high and low button - six buttons in all,one is a 10 , nb/anl,freq.on/off , swr/cal , ch9 , hi/low The swr/cal knob is a push in for cal and pull for s/rf scale. "

If there is such a radio what is it?

My guess is maybe an old model Galaxy. (Galaxy II?)

I know I have to have seen it but it escapes me right now.

ED

Custom-Decals.gif

EDD2225 at earthlink.net

</p>

My guess is either the Galaxy 2100 (Single final)

See:

CB Funk Radio Museum

Or

the Galaxy "Super Galaxy" (Dual Final)

The 2100 were much more common thab the Super Galaxy's.

The 2100 is a great radio, it was before the Galaxy II's (they had Black faces).

Roger

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rogerbird1>Rogerbird1</A> at: 2/3/04 12:49 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.