• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tuner before amp

Not worth the gas to drive back up there already been up there 3 times to my technician just not worth it might just order the one on e-bay. For 16 dollars and do the wait.. the price of gas now it's not worth it

is there anyone that could make me up two willing to pay a good amount for your time and trouble??

is there anyone that could make me up two willing to pay a good amount for your time and trouble??

Making them is easier than pouring water out of a boot with instructions on the heel. The harder part is finding the proper wire to use. Most just make them out of copper wire but Ni-chrome {nickel/chromium})wire should be used. This guy has them on Ebay. He is from France but has it done right and has been around for quite a while.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HEATHKIT-SB...196888?hash=item3b18af1158:g:UkkAAOSw-QZZwD4q

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
thank you sir that's the ones I'm looking at I guess I'm going to have to go that route.. can't find any anywhere else or anyone to make me any..

I'm going to wait a while before I order maybe somebody will see this and be willing to make me a couple

The late Rich Measures was a fan of nichrome supressors. W8JI didn't agree, but what did they really agree on? :ROFLMAO:

I haven't had any issues using copper or using flat brass stock on larger tubes. I imagine there have been some old amps that have been fixed by installing a new set of nichrome supressors. I've found that most issues were because of old resistors that were out of tolerance rather than the inductor material.

Has anyone here tried to solder nichrome wire? I've heard it was a pain in the butt so I've avoided the stuff.

I was wondering about that soldering on The nichrome Wire if I ordered the ones from France and then got him here and wouldn't be able to solder them in..

I was wondering about that soldering on The nichrome Wire if I ordered the ones from France and then got him here and wouldn't be able to solder them in..

You shouldn't have any issues soldering the terminals on those suppressors since you won't actually be soldering the nichrome. It looks like some people are securing them with screws. If you're wanting to buy some premade the ebay guy is probably your best bet.

If you look closely at the picture looks like one side has the eyelet but the other side looks like it's just straight to be soldered to something

I did look closely at the ebay link captainkw posted. It shows eyelets on both ends of the suppressors. There are 12 pictures on that ebay listing and one if the installs used screws on both ends. If you have any doubts the seller can answer your questions. Procrastination is like mastu*******, you're only ******* yourself.

Well you must be seeing something I'm not seeing because I see only one eyelet on one end... Then I see the other end soldered to that red choke

Image 1 shows the suppressors uninstalled and they have an eyelet on each end. Image 7 and 8 show the supressors installed with screws. The other images show them soldered in. I am looking at the ebay link posted by Captain Kilowatt in post #50.

Yeah mine is soldered I just took a flashlight and look down inside of mine screwed on the top of the tube but then soldered to like a green choke

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.