• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tuner before amp

Thank you ..i think I'm getting ready to go ahead and order them so they will be heading my way .at least my tubes will be here on October 17th.. parasitic suppressors probably won't get here till around November but I can install them on the new tubes then..

The late Rich Measures was a fan of nichrome supressors. W8JI didn't agree, but what did they really agree on? :ROFLMAO:

I haven't had any issues using copper or using flat brass stock on larger tubes. I imagine there have been some old amps that have been fixed by installing a new set of nichrome supressors. I've found that most issues were because of old resistors that were out of tolerance rather than the inductor material.

Has anyone here tried to solder nichrome wire? I've heard it was a pain in the butt so I've avoided the stuff.

You just need a solder that has a few percent silver content to solder to Ni-Cr.

Reactions: 552fl
Thank you Captain kilowatt just placed my order said it will be between October 23rd and November 6th so that's not too bad I guess. Now I will be looking for some of that solder you're talking about where to purchase it at

Antonjust replied back to me again I see minutes ago from France and said electronic solder is perfect for the job he is a very very nice guy,

What a good day received tubes today very quick shipping from machlett Corporation now I should have some plate amps.. and the guy in France sent out the parasitic suppressors today
.. the old girl should make some Watts now

Very happy with my machlett tubes that I installed considerably more wattage output now.. very fast shipping .. plate amperage is up there where it is supposed to be now..

The parasitic suppressors that are in there are still fine they're just 30 years old I wanted to upgrade to the new Nichrome wire ones.. they will be here at the end of October.. at that time I will install the new harbach fan and the suppressors....getting very good wattage out cannot indulge on the exact number though........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.