• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 and RM KL203

Asked DTB Radio about it when at his shop. Positive response. It’s the reason I revived the thread here at this site. Shade has me sold on it, absolutely.

Just not yet at the top of list.
(Wait, wait, I know!
It’s at the top of the MICROPHONE list.
Now I feel better)

$64 at Amazon. Free ship

(Can also be used with some ICOM and other radios after re-wire).

So, you been wanting that 100W PA system to run off the CB?

Why not run it from 200’ away while outdoors at the coffee shop?

Heh, heh, heh

Last edited:
You guys need to get the wireless mic. This thing is awesome! I made a small bonfire Sunday and was drinking beer, playing with the fire, and talking to the guys. We are on 3/4 acre and the house is in one corner of the property, and the fire was in the opposite corner. No problems at all staying connected to the 980 with the 203. Hands down the most versital rig I have ever had. No BBQ would be complete without one. I clipped it to the front of my coat and could just hit the key and talk when needed. Try one for yourself, you will see.

View attachment 35590

Glad you're enjoying the mike! They are fun!

I'm using the 980 and a KL-203. A 1 watt dead key keeps the amp nice and cool and if you turn the modulation up to 100% it will sound great. I have no problem seeing 150 watts pep and get great reports from miles away. A 4 watt dead key will burn the KL-203 up with a quickness. Doesn't matter what anyone says, 1.5 - 2 watt dead key max and that's even a bit hot.

You guys need to get the wireless mic. This thing is awesome! I made a small bonfire Sunday and was drinking beer, playing with the fire, and talking to the guys. We are on 3/4 acre and the house is in one corner of the property, and the fire was in the opposite corner. No problems at all staying connected to the 980 with the 203. Hands down the most versital rig I have ever had. No BBQ would be complete without one. I clipped it to the front of my coat and could just hit the key and talk when needed. Try one for yourself, you will see.

View attachment 35590

Went ahead and ordered one.

I can see being outside of truck (Pete or Dodge) and wanting two-way.

If you use SSB only do you have to turn down the radio? Uniden 980 that is:D:D

I’m not sure how to turn down the SSB, Bobby.
Am guessing it’s not a problem or there would be some discussions or videos on it and I haven’t seen any.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?