• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 and RM KL203

Take m9c apart.it has a round bandaid looking thing stuck on,remove n toss.then under it is a VERY small hole.carefully drill that hole out little bit at a time,test n redrill.seems like i quit at 3/16",brought modulation up loud n proud

What is a m9c? Is that the Galaxy mic or Uniden mic you modded by drilling?

What is a m9c? Is that the Galaxy mic or Uniden mic you modded by drilling?
key misprint.i was talking about the mic that came with your 980. After i opened it up it sounds great.least everybody i talk to says. Had 1 guy ask me to work his mic over,i did n he is happy

Reactions: 357magnum and CB590
key misprint.i was talking about the mic that came with your 980. After i opened it up it sounds great.least everybody i talk to says. Had 1 guy ask me to work his mic over,i did n he is happy

Here is what I got. Looks like the hole is already 3/16" from the factory. Just has the white dot (felt or something) on the back side. Black circle is the front felt (near the grill)

Thoughts?

Is this different then yours maybe? Or should I drill out to 3/8" like the size of the element?

4CB9C76B-8F38-4A73-9D74-22D435E72AEE.jpeg

DC013FC0-5066-4993-B945-3562F72896F3.jpeg

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Any thoughts on cutting down my S noise. I set the LOCAL RF gain setting to '3' setting and that feels like it kills too much when enabled. I get like S-2# of noise with ANL and NB engaged. Seems like all "outside" noise. I got no "Alt" whine or picket fencing going on.

The AT6666 was quieter IMO

Keep in mind I'm in a city most of the time during commute.

Got audio report from local Ch 17 guy said I sounded good and loud. Even without the amp. I used the talkback to test out. I didn't really want to run the 6-4 adapter cable with the Galaxy mic. That thing (cable) makes it awkward/bulky IMO.

With the radio on SSB you can really see the difference changing the mic makes on a wattmeter.

My son has been running mine, and I think it sounds as good as anything I hear on the air.

With the radio on SSB you can really see the difference changing the mic makes on a wattmeter.

My son has been running mine, and I think it sounds as good as anything I hear on the air.

Have to use my phone to record the base and try the 980 in the truck. Don't have option and don't want 2 rigs on SSB that close. Eventually. Currently debating this CarlBuilt 400 with Bias for the base and putting the Palomar 400 in the truck with the 980. :sneaky:

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.