• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

do u think doing tha beep mod will void tha warranty just got radio

Can you post pictures of the packing inserts with the radio?

I got mine from Amazon and there was NO packing inserts in the factory radio box, and the radio was all scratched up. Nothing was wrapped in plastic. Mic and power cord was just floating around in the box.

The actual packing from Amazon was no better, they had a few pieces of bubble bags, that were deflated.

To me it looked as if the radio was a customer return and they just shipped it out after the customer took out the inserts in the radio box and un-bagged it.

I just cannot believe it was that loose inside the factory box.

So I was just wondering what your factory box looked like on the inside, inserts?

I returned it though

Can you post pictures of the packing inserts with the radio?

I got mine from Amazon and there was NO packing inserts in the factory radio box, and the radio was all scratched up. Nothing was wrapped in plastic. Mic and power cord was just floating around in the box.

The actual packing from Amazon was no better, they had a few pieces of bubble bags, that were deflated.

To me it looked as if the radio was a customer return and they just shipped it out after the customer took out the inserts in the radio box and un-bagged it.

I just cannot believe it was that loose inside the factory box.

So I was just wondering what your factory box looked like on the inside, inserts?

I returned it though

I doubt a radio is supposed to be shipped liked that.

Amazon

Was it sold by Amazon and shipped by Amazon or was it bought through Amazon and shipped from someone that sells their product through Amazon? It's best to buy it from Amazon and shipped byAmazon. You then have their guarantee. :eek:

Last edited:
I got mine from amazon about a yr ago and the radio and everything that comes with it were in their own bags in cardboard cut outs with plastic cover film on the face and chrome. Sounds like they sent you a used one.

If you click on that product on Amazon and click on contact seller,send them an email. Amazon keeps a copy of the email you sent the seller. Plus,the seller usually doesn't want a bad rating. That usually gets their attention.

It was purchased at Amazon, not a seller of Amazon

I got the replacement today, all the card board inserts and plastic on the radio and mic like it was supposed to be

The manufacturer box was all perfect this time, Amazon still did a crappy job of packing, two pieces of bubble air bags on the top only, useless packers at their warehouse.

Attachments

• 980SSB4.jpg
    980SSB4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
100 ft. Range. You could have the radio's speaker output hooked up to a whole house speaker system. Talk from the garden,kitchen,hockey room,bedroom,that frees you up in a lot of ways.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.