• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

I was looking at the 980 for ssb. I have the 680 and the channel knob skips channels a lot when scrolling through. It feels toy like. Its bad enough that i get pissed when changing channels. I like the radio other than this. Is this a problem on the 980?

i know there was some info posted about the wireless mic, but now that they are out who is going to try one

its not only a wireless mic but its a wireless speaker with volume control good for 100 meters!
the 880 and 980 must have an audio out also on one of the mic pins

Uniden BC906W - CB World Blog

it's a great radio, stays dead on frequency but with the no frequency mod that is an issue with me. I have a group that are on 27.415 LSB and we do talk a lot if I have a radio even though I am a lower 39 guy I need to get to 41 to talk to these guys so with the mod not available the radio is not an option for my station

Attachments

• uniden 980 6-18-2012.jpg
    uniden 980 6-18-2012.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 17
Onthecoast I'm with ya, I really liked the radio a lot nice match for most amps with it's output, just love the frequency stability also. Maybe Uniden will give us a little info if we keep complaining about channels but so far they could care less because people just keep buying them

I understand that and yes it is a great radio for that but there is a lot to be said about freebanding 27.415 to 27.605 upper or lower, we don't bother the hams and Europe is there all the time along with South America, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, and just about everywhere else on the planet

I sent uniden an email about the mic pinout so I could use a different mic

Here is the reply I finally got

Our Solution:
Thank you for using our system.
Unfortunately this information is not available as we do not recommend using aftermarket items

Thanks

Sincerely,

WOW, JUST WOW

Page E9 of the manual states the following

Your Bearcat 980 SSB comes with an adapter to connect the radio’s 6-pin microphone jack to an aftermarket 4-pin microphone.

My recommendation is not to buy Uniden products if they cannot even support their customers needs

I sent uniden an email about the mic pinout so I could use a different mic

Here is the reply I finally got

Our Solution:
Thank you for using our system.
Unfortunately this information is not available as we do not recommend using aftermarket items

Thanks

Sincerely,

WOW, JUST WOW

Page E9 of the manual states the following

Your Bearcat 980 SSB comes with an adapter to connect the radio’s 6-pin microphone jack to an aftermarket 4-pin microphone.

My recommendation is not to by Uniden products if they cannot even support their customers needs

Lmao, that's too darn funny !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.