• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Bearcat 980

I just wish Uniden would wake up and just put one of these fancy faces on a real ssb radio like OLD Uniden Grant XL. Hey Cobra did with the 29 and 25, why not a new face on a old standby Like the Grant XL? Imagine that nice frequency counter with the expandable characteristics of the Grant?

Reactions: L2
can anyone post how to do the clairfy mod? i seen somthing on youtube to cut wire but i dont wanna cut anything and not 100 percent sure it work ive already did some adjustments removed the beep i have some guys that are like 3kz up from 40 and cant reach them

can anyone post how to do the clairfy mod? i seen somthing on youtube to cut wire but i dont wanna cut anything and not 100 percent sure it work ive already did some adjustments removed the beep i have some guys that are like 3kz up from 40 and cant reach them

Yeah I'm extremely interested in this too !

lescomm has a video for the mod. you will have to cut wires and add a diode to get it to slide right. you said you did not want to cut wires you are out of luck. just about every mod you have to cut wires and resolder to a different location to get the 8 volts on tx.

AA1QD can you post a link to the video you are talking about? I would like to see it. did some looking but did not find it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.