• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington

What 'turns on' the correct circuit features to get USB is the mode selector switch. Has two sections. Section #1 sets up the power stage of the radio's transmit side. Section two feeds voltage either to the USB or LSB side of the two crystal-oscillator circuits.

The NOT-banded end anode) of D22 is connected to one end of L22. Should see around 7 Volts DC, plus or minus where they connect to each other. But only in USB mode. Should drop near zero for LSB and AM.

If it's not there, next question is why. If you have voltage in either of the other two modes, that's not right, either.

My suspicions instead lie with the 7.8 MHz crystal oscillator. The banded (cathode) end of D33 should also have around 7 Volts DC in USB mode, both receive and transmit. Should drop to about zero in LSB trans/rec and AM receive. You should see that 7 Volts DC there ONLY while in transmit for AM.

And if that one is wrong, the next question is why?

D33 is the one I'm wondering about. D22 is at the same spot in the circuit where you showed voltage in USB.

D33 is just about dead center of this pic.

UNiNRW.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.