• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UR6QW EQ'S

Fkn guy doesn't even respond.

2017079.jpg

I cant remember what it was but I seen something today, "Luxurious German Design" and the bottom corner, "Made in China".

I thought this guy builds his own shit and it sounded good.

It might be just slow but I cant just piss away $150usd if it dont show up.
I already lost my ebay protection waiting, I cant lose my PP protection too, sorry.

What pisses me off is now he blocked Canada now I cant even order another one.

I got the W2HYI eq plus and the one with the sliders, got them at a garage sale $20
I wanted to try the UR6QW unit, it sounded great.

Must be some political BS at customs where they let it rot for months or it just never made it.

It happened with my wire for the pdlII, made a claim, no response got my money back.
But I gave back the money after it did mosey in here eventually.

2017080.jpg

Some of these guys you see have a mirror listing under different store names, one gets like 50 red strikes in a month, then the mirror shows up selling the same shit to the letter, even the sellers feedback is a exact response for the store that screwed 50 people.

Now I'm not saying thats happening here but wtf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $150.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
you should do a video so we can see how well it works. i still want one. but the guy seems a bit shady

you should do a video so we can see how well it works. i still want one. but the guy seems a bit shady
well I dunno if usps will track but tracking is a must and it stopped tracking march 30th.
wtf was it doing till June?
Its really good though, the noise gate makes it sound studio quality right there.

Last edited:
I dont have a way to record the audio but I can tell you what I know so far.
It works ok, it does boost lows and highs, echo works and the noise gate is ok with the ac running 2 feet away it helps.

But the noise gate is always on. You can turn it up, down but not off which gets annoying real fast.
The echo delay will produce a buzz/squeal in the audio if you have the knob all the way to the left. So you must have it to the second dot to get rid of that.
The compression is ok but I prefer the one on my pro 3.

Other than those issues the audio is ok, defiantly better than just the mic.

I did a mod to shut the noise gate off, I'm not sure if it will fry the noise gate (mod didn't work) but since
UR6QW doesn't communicate worth shit, I have to try and figure it out myself.

2017046.jpg

I guess the only thing I can do is use a 4.7K on the low side of the pot to ground and pull it to ground.
This disables the noise-gate altogether though. I tried all the way up to 1M and it wont pull it high when I try to turn the gate up.

With the gate all the way down it rumbles the audio from quiet to things like the clock clicking or me breathing, it wont just shut off and give you pin-drop audio, its always trying to kick in.

Its just annoying

There is a chip thats scratched up to hide the name: SSM2166
Not sure whats up with that

OK I ended up removing the "slow" position on the time switch and running a 4.7k to the low side of the gate control.

So its factory set on fast and normal but on slow its "OFF".
As off as I can get it.

IMG_3332.JPG
IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3334.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG

Last edited:
Just an update.
So far there's no way to disable noise gate except to unsolder the pot, which is less an ideal and theres something else that cracks in the audio on background and low peaks thats pretty annoying, just like the 858 chassis had strangely enough.
Its not bad but I'd would get the non gate unless you got a ton of noise to drown out.
I'd be nice to be able to disable it when not in use but its still there no matter how low you turn it down.

Reactions: Slowmover
20200424_083602.jpg 20200424_083619.jpg 20200424_083519.jpg
20200424_083619.jpg
20200424_083602.jpg
20200424_083519.jpg
Just got mine. Not bad communication before the sale and havent tried after. The only things I see so far is the echo speed switch I dont think working and the headphone jack isnt working either. My other disappointment is the cord from the eq to the radio. Its just a bunch of wires in a piece of shrink tube that was never shrunk. I think I can harvest a cord from a ph testing probe I have. I think it will have enough wires. I havent really dug into it yet as im not the most electronically adapt.
Otherwise I like the unit. As was posted earlier its better than a lot of others. I like the gate since I have a window unit ac blowing 10 feet away.
Im running an aftermarket coffin mic as a power mic is too much. Im bidding on a non amplified d104 now as I think thats the mic i want.
Ill open this up and post a couple pics for you folks to play wheres waldo with.

Attachments

• 20200424_081907.jpg
    20200424_081907.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 327
  • 20200424_081747.jpg
    20200424_081747.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 405
  • 20200424_081800.jpg
    20200424_081800.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 457
W2ihy is worth every penny in my opinion . The customer service you get is top notch. Julius will talk to you directly about anything with no problem.

I love mine and on SSB you can really see the difference with the compression, no drop off with some words etc. If you crank the compression you definitely sound compressed but you will get more peak.

Overall once you tweak everything and get it just right you can sound amazing. I use a stock microphone running into it and I sound like I'm running it through something much more expensive.

You have to be very careful not to overdo it though :)

I didn't notice the NG always being on but more my purposes I love the NG, it actually works really well and can get rid of fan noise completely.

My only complaint is I have to run mine with the mic gain at zero - the gain in the thing is crazy. If I turn it up even slightly you can hear a mouse fart.

I also don't like the output wires, cheap feel. To prevent any extra feedback noise probably want to put toroid on them.

For the price I'd say one of the coolest and best accessories I've purchased over the years especially compared to other products.

Mine arrived in a couple of weeks - process on eBay was super smooth, no issues. This was before coronavirus though.

View attachment 36610 View attachment 36609 View attachment 36611 View attachment 36609 View attachment 36610 View attachment 36611 Just got mine. Not bad communication before the sale and havent tried after. The only things I see so far is the echo speed switch I dont think working and the headphone jack isnt working either. My other disappointment is the cord from the eq to the radio. Its just a bunch of wires in a piece of shrink tube that was never shrunk. I think I can harvest a cord from a ph testing probe I have. I think it will have enough wires. I havent really dug into it yet as im not the most electronically adapt.
Otherwise I like the unit. As was posted earlier its better than a lot of others. I like the gate since I have a window unit ac blowing 10 feet away.
Im running an aftermarket coffin mic as a power mic is too much. Im bidding on a non amplified d104 now as I think thats the mic i want.
Ill open this up and post a couple pics for you folks to play wheres waldo with.

The switch isn't for echo the fast/slow switch is for attack time on the Noise Gate. Echo is controlled with delay and amount knobs.

Front jack isn't for headphones - it's a mic input jack. I have radios with VOX so I can plug in my headset mic cable into there and earphones RX into the radio and then I can talk using a boom mike headset and run my audio through the ur6qw.

Very cool for hands free operation! :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated