• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Varmint XL-600

Yes I have a varmint XL 600 and it looks almost brand new it’s still had the rivets in the bottom when I turn it on all the tube light up The receive preamp works but when I key no power at all the relay does not even click so I opened the bottom and found a gray wire not even hooked up by the filter capacitors on the power supply the other end of the wire goes to the board I believe it says B+ on it Whenever I tested the voltage of that wireGet rid close to 950 V can you please tell me where this wire goes

VARMINT made some of the Dirtiest amplifiers ever produced.One local guy was almost Killed because he bled on every channel for 15 miles & he was even getting into the 6 meter band badly.He finally sold all of his gear & has stayed out of CB since.He thought it was funny until the bullets started flying & he saw a lack of others sense of humor. Lots were bad but VARMINT takes the championship for Splatter I believe.He had the XL-1000 I believe.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.