• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

W1AW/1 working Out-Of-Band operators

What would be the logic of working 14.225 if the goal is to work as many stations as possible? 14.228 would make more sense.

What would be the logic of working 14.225 if the goal is to work as many stations as possible? 14.228 would make more sense.

Yep that way you could QRM all the SSTV stations on 14.230. Good move. How do you figure 14.228 is better than 14.225 for working more stations? Unless you mean all the SSTV'ers coming down to complain about the QRM. :whistle:

Reactions: 1 person
If you look at the ARRL web site for the 100 years anniversary, each state gets two shots and being able to use the W1AW - including anyone that is a VE.
I think there is some kind of roster that is kept of the operators and their times of operations - but it really doesn't make you anything to operate W1AW from your home station or your club station.
I guess the LIDS and KIDS got so excited because they heard the W1AW call sign that they decided that they would go ahead and break the rules just so they could get W1AW in their log books.
With the lack of real Elmers and real HAMS it isn't surprising that this happened.
Why this topic ranked high enough to get 5 pages is the question I have for you?

Reactions: 1 person
Yep that way you could QRM all the SSTV stations on 14.230. Good move. How do you figure 14.228 is better than 14.225 for working more stations? Unless you mean all the SSTV'ers coming down to complain about the QRM. :whistle:

I guess somebody will complain regardless of where you are .

I guess somebody will complain regardless of where you are .

Especially since 14.230 is a long established and well known SSTV frequency. That's like running CW or RTTY on 14.070 which is a well know PSK frequency. Sure it's legal to do it so you can at least rest in comfort knowing that you are a legal asshole on the air. :laugh:

Reactions: 4 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.