• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Waiting For The Next Sunspot Cycle: 2019-2030

space cowboy

Quack Quack
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-sten-odenwald/waiting-for-the-next-suns_b_11812282.html

Time to get off my ass and start my moxon...

20160417-m6-flare-flare-crop.gif

Reactions: Klondike Mike

Yep I'm moving down the bands . Even 20m is pretty average.
This cycle is going down like the Titanic, dont hold much hope for the next cycle either.
If we get a maunder minimum our grandchildren might be able to work HF DX.

Well there is always EME, Sats ,meteor scatter . refraction. ducting etc on vhf and above.

I haven't and don't normally do much local rag chewing but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Granterd I'll turn the rigs on less but there's plenty of decent people on 17, 20, 21 and 32 AM in NJ and many good people on 38lsb from both Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) and NJ. If I'm not around during the next cycle I'll catch y'all in the next life. On the air of course. No ticket required. 73

Reactions: 222DBFL
Yep Sonar, the 11m band has become quite dead at the moment. Turned on the radio this past weekend just to let it warm up and didn't hear a peep for hours!! Not even locals which is unusual for this area. Like some have said, good time to sell and regroup. Been seeing many radios for sale lately on EBay. Now is the time to get the radio you want. Or very near it. But as far as DX goes, the 11m band is going to be pretty well dead, minus the occasional DX that one may or may not get depending on location. I have found that from FL, that your area and around you seems to be a hot bed of activity when I do hear DX from there. So having locals to speak with shouldn't be an issue as so long as you have a good antenna setup for local rag chewing. But like I said, the DX is pretty well long gone and most likely will remain that way for a while like many others have stated. Great time to get your antenna and radio system either sold, or properly installed. That is about it. JMHO's. Maybe if we are lucky, and I mean lucky, we will get a littl DX when the weather cools. But don't expect to light the world on fire LOL!!
73 and God Bless from
222 Daytona Beach, FL
Sean.

i am still new only 3 years in to radio... i am noticing that even the static is low for me on all the bands... is that all so a part of decreased propagation?

Last edited:
I talked to the Virgin Islands yesterday. Talked to Red Fox also at 212 miles. I don't mind DX cooling off abit and talking some shorter distances. Talking 200 miles is harder than 5000 miles.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.