• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Want to replace my Gainmaster.

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I want to swap out my Gainmaster for another vertical. Any newish, must have models on the market? I don't want any Antron or IMAX. What's a one to put up?

Some of the locals have a homemade version of the vector 4k / sigma 4. They are good performers. It is an old design but I don't think you can beat it as far as vertical antennas go.....omnidirectional that is. They really whip around in the wind so my concern would be how durable they are.

Some of the locals have a homemade version of the vector 4k / sigma 4. They are good performers. It is an old design but I don't think you can beat it as far as vertical antennas go.....omnidirectional that is. They really whip around in the wind so my concern would be how durable they are.

I need it to be durable. I'm getting old and crackly. Don't want to do this again. I want whatever I put up there to last a long time.

If it's built like some of their mobile antennas, it outta be fine.

ZERO FIVE ANTENNAS ........
Colossal 10K ..... built as tough as a tank ......very sturdy and very, very strong ....
It does cost ...... about $349 or so, plus shipping .....
BUT, as per your statement, don't want to do it again .......
I have one up since last March, ....... tough as nails ......

Reactions: Mudfoot
It's getting old, ain't nothing wrong with it. I got it when they first came out. I'm putting a TV antenna underneath it. Doing everything all at once while I have manpower available.

Also, want something that can take some wattage, later down the road.

I have a bm tech shockwave, not the Australian shockwave. It is very similar to the I 10k. Mine has only been up for 3 - 4 years so I can't brag too much. The power limiting factor is the coax connector you use. If more than a couple kw use the 7/16 din connector for extra insurance.

The guys around here with the mr coily had issues with cracking around the welds. I'm not a fan of welded aluminum antennas. It looks manly but can cause more issues than it's worth.

Use coax seal everywhere you think water might get in. Use Noalox on every joint and protect any plastic parts with paint, flex seal, tape or something to keep the sun off.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
/www.sirioantenna.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_18&products_id=412&zenid=u39su1efueu4bgn091ubgl5us2

Works OK...I replaced all the CHEAP hardware...added heat shrink and Scotch 33+ tape on all the joints...Has held up well in wind for quite few years at 30ft on the barn(copy stick for 10m when out thr)...but still not as good as my rebuilt RINGO/AR10 at 33ft near the shack...That Ringo been thru a war(couple tornado's etc...)...replaced hardware maybe 3 times but have it for like 20 years now...
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Slowmover
I have been impressed by the performance of a simple straight forward 1/4 wl groundplane.

Reactions: Marconi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated