• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanted to buy Uniden Grant XL mode Switch

Don't count on the numbering being any help. Numbers on the old switch may or may not correspond to the numbers on the new one.

If the numbers corespond exactly, there is a good possibility it is the same, and a little testing could likely confim. If the numbering is different, there may be a part number that you could look up the terminal numbering.

Like I said, it is a stab in the dark, but would only take a few minutes to confirm or eliminate the possibility.

388_MtRushmore Thank you. You took all the guess work out of this for me. All day at work I was thinking about this. My guess that the color wires were usb, lsb and am. I was thinking about clamping the switch together so I could probe this and find the modes. Hopefully I can work on this tonight and tomorrow night wrap it up and post the outcome.
Thanks again. You went above and beyond .

Trying to test a bad switch is no fun at all. I was very confident there were only 2 options for the common pin due to lack of connections of two pins. It turns out only 3 circuits are actually used. Who'da thunk it?

After probing the new switch i come up with.
USB (4,3) (13,17) (12,13) (9,8)

AM (4,3) (18,16) (13,11) (9,7)

LSB (5,9) (4,1) (18,14) (13,10)
Now I am a bit confused what to do with all this and what MT_Rushmorr gave me

Attachments

• 20190212_113641.jpg
    20190212_113641.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
I would draw it out, it makes it easier to see. If the numbers above are correct, the switch is not the same as the one nomad posted. You have 4,3 listed under 2 different switch positions?

Ok, if the first circuit is correct, there are a few off in the others, but not a big deal.

Think of them as individual switches. You are now 1/4 done. You can take the pins I colored and call those your first circuit. Then just move to the next circuit and do the same.

Pay attention to the needed jumper at the top too. Those on the lower left circuit can just be put on the lower right circuit, and only use 3 circuits.

Take lots of pics before you start, and try to label the wires or have a way to identify where they were in case something goes wrong.

Ok i re did the ehole thing and it is making more sense to me now. I realize pins six and 15 are blank. So for 9 13 and18 are all common if you look in the rows below
USB (3,4) (8,9) (12,13) (17,18)
AM (2,4) (7,9) (11,13) (16,18)
LSB (1,4) (7,9) (10,13) (14,18)
It took a few times to see 15 and 6 are missing tabs. I think this is it. So there are 4 different positions on a three position switch. Hmmm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.