• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What do you do, or did you do, for a living?

357Magnum you might like these too the 69 camaro has a supercharged 6L and the and the el camino with a pimped out 396.

20190521-155942.jpg

20190521-160000.jpg

20190711-133818.jpg

20190712-095111.jpg

20190712-095120.jpg

Sweet ! Love the striping , basic not crazy like most paint jobs these days , some are just too busy for this Old Man ! :LOL: Does that guy have a price on that 66' Chevelle it has the tinted glass is a Factory Air Car ? I been looking for a 69' but hard too find here in the NE or they want Big $'s for them . Stay healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Sweet ! Love the striping , basic not crazy like most paint jobs these days , some are just too busy for this Old Man ! :LOL: Does that guy have a price on that 66' Chevelle it has the tinted glass is a Factory Air Car ? I been looking for a 69' but hard too find here in the NE or they want Big $'s for them . Stay healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

I will snap a pic of the interior, is very nice and clean, the guy I think want close to 60k Canadian, will try and get some more picture and info.
Cheers Man!

Had to move it out of the shop today and snapped a few pics of interior, yes it has factory air...which I am am guessing is more desirable in these sort of cars.

20201020-113040.jpg

20201020-113046.jpg

20201020-113050.jpg

20201020-113057.jpg

AC + Manual is the rarity. The AC-systems were paired to the bigger engines with lower CR cams producing high vacuum (considered lesser performance). Auto trans the natural choice.

That’s also just at the period folks were getting used to the idea than an Automatic trans car was faster than the Manual trans version.

This combo was more like highest steady-state fuel economy. No slip compared to Auto TQ converters that didn’t lockup That advantage persisted another dozen years till OD Autos came out. PLUS the likelihood of lower cost magnified by a clutch replacement versus a trans rebuild for the Auto at 120-140k.

The Oldsmobile Cutlass Turnpike Cruiser (1967) used a TH350 with 2.41,rear gearing. (See online articles). The wide ratio 4-speed might have made it more fun with equivalent rear gears. Great concept. Wished I’d known about and searched for one in the 1970s.

320-miles per fillup (Highway) versus 200-220-miles (performance & standard engines) sure was appealing as a student in those years. But still with AC, ride comfort and ability to pass. Make it back & forth to college on under two fill-ups versus paying for three.

Having to commute in a metro area sure did a number on Manuals.

For a cruiser today, the combo is great. EFI & roller cams fix the old performance trade-offs.

Very attractive.

Last edited:
Tin nice car , but all honesty I think 60K$ Canadian but be a little steep ? $45k Us ? JMO , I need to check the $ on that car , but Factory Ac Is a plus ! (y) Yup Slo , you are right ! My 69' SS Street Car I swapped out the 325hp / 396 for a 427 L-88 , it had a 4 speed w/ 4-10 gears . I " Grenaded " the input shaft on that tranny a few times ! :LOL: When I started racing my other SS I used an Auto from ATI . About 6 passes on it , I launched it , front wheels about 3' in the air , short shifted into 2nd , wheels up again , got back to pits , went to start car for my second pass , car wouldn't start ? You got it ! Shattered the Bell housing off my brand new ATI I saved all winter for ! :LOL: They wouldn't stand behind their work , I brought to Dynamic Racing Trans . in New Haven , he fixed it & I ran that Tranny for over 6 years Np's . Dynamic was the son of the former " Fairbanks Transmission " . I use to like my sticks , but in Drag Racing the Auto is much more consistent & " Usually " they don't break as much ! :ROFLMAO: Drag car had 4:56 gears . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Tin nice car , but all honesty I think 60K$ Canadian but be a little steep ? $45k Us ? JMO , I need to check the $ on that car , but Factory Ac Is a plus ! (y) Yup Slo , you are right ! My 69' SS Street Car I swapped out the 325hp / 396 for a 427 L-88 , it had a 4 speed w/ 4-10 gears . I " Grenaded " the input shaft on that tranny a few times ! :LOL: When I started racing my other SS I used an Auto from ATI . About 6 passes on it , I launched it , front wheels about 3' in the air , short shifted into 2nd , wheels up again , got back to pits , went to start car for my second pass , car wouldn't start ? You got it ! Shattered the Bell housing off my brand new ATI I saved all winter for ! :LOL: They wouldn't stand behind their work , I brought to Dynamic Racing Trans . in New Haven , he fixed it & I ran that Tranny for over 6 years Np's . Dynamic was the son of the former " Fairbanks Transmission " . I use to like my sticks , but in Drag Racing the Auto is much more consistent & " Usually " they don't break as much ! :ROFLMAO: Drag car had 4:56 gears . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Slicks, eh? Sure makes break fast the expensive meal!

Reactions: 357magnum

I hear yeah 357magnum, finally got to give it the gun this last Thursday, turned out good, will be cutting and polishing, turns out the motor is a built 2009 ly6 6.0 retrofit....noticed the odb2 connector just below the steering wheel (can see in previous pics). Sorry the video is sideways not the best with my phone

20201030-080541.jpg

20201030-080549.jpg

20201030-091527.jpg

20201029-131511.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nice Tin , that retro fit motor does add to the $ , now you can drive it cross country .(y):) I'm registered w/ Mecum & now Barret Jackson . Someday that Mecum hauler will pull up in front of my QTH ! :LOL: This Covid BS put a damper on a lot of the auctions but they are coming back . I'm @ the point if I get a Good Deal on a Vintage Station Wagon , I might buy it bring to RI , drive it a bit & turn it over . Just to use as a stepping stone to get what I want . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.