• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What does load and tune mean??

Cat Driver said:
Yer a GOOD MAN, now somebody will hafta explain how to tune the KLV-350 amp by RM Italy, that only has one knob. I was a thinkin that might be my next purchase. ;)
Ronnie :D

The Heathkit SB-200 or SB-220 might be a better choice. :)

The Heathkit SB-200 or SB-220 might be a better choice. :)[/quote]

sure if you have lotsa cash lol id love one too but then theres needing to mod it to key with the radio i think?

Cat Driver said:
QRN said:
Ask and ye shall receive. :LOL: See sticky post.

Yer a GOOD MAN, now somebody will hafta explain how to tune the KLV-350 amp by RM Italy, that only has one knob. I was a thinkin that might be my next purchase. ;)

Tuning the KLV-350.
Adjust the tuning knob for max wattage on the KLV-350 Linear meter while keying up for about 3 seconds, then let it rest for 5-10 seconds and then recheck using the same steps..
Remember every time you adjust channels to check it!
THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM RM..

lords said:
Cat Driver said:
QRN said:

Tuning the KLV-350.
Adjust the tuning knob for max wattage on the KLV-350 Linear meter while keying up for about 3 seconds, then let it rest for 5-10 seconds and then recheck using the same steps..

I wonder if that means with the mic gain up or down. I'm runnin a D-104 on my Galaxy DX 2547

Thanx,

lonestarbandit said:
sure if you have lotsa cash lol id love one too but then theres needing to mod it to key with the radio i think?

They can be pricey on eBay but you might find some bargains at your local Hamfest. Also, a footswitch is all that is needed to key the amp.

Cat Driver said:
lords said:
Cat Driver said:
QRN said:

Tuning the KLV-350.

I wonder if that means with the mic gain up or down. I'm runnin a D-104 on my Galaxy DX 2547

Thanx,
I would tune it with the mic down...I don't think you want to be talking in the mic trying to get a nice tune,you only have a couple of secs anyway to be safe :p and if the radio is peeked nice and has a low DK it should swing nicely..that linear takes a Max of 10watts in. for AM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.