• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What electronics have YOU fixed lately?

Potted meat and pickled eggs??

I feel so bad for whoever lives with you, possibly whoever lives within a few 100 feet of you.

Poor dogs. You ever notice how they’ll get up and leave when they crack off a rotten one? I hope they do the same when it’s your turn.

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Probably due to more "mystery meat" substituted for filler. Ever wonder what happens to all those animals the SPCA puts down. They get your $19 a month and sell the carcasses to Hormel so they can pay for advertisement. Hope there is more kitty due to higher protein content. There are some cheaper off brands that have better flavor and quantity.

I usually add garlic and onion in with my deep fried spam. Tony Chashiree's too. But down here in Texas, you can put fajita seasoning on road kill and make it gourmet. Just wrap it in a tortilla, add some pico, and BAM.....you got a tasty local favorite.:whistle:

So today, was fix the stupid AC Day. My main AC unit in camper had been doing strange things apparently due the massive amounts of rain. along the coast there is always a 4 o'clock monsoon. Prepared myself for the hopeful uneventful trip top side, last trip I learned not to try and discharge the capacitor wearing flip flops and standing in a puddle.:barefoot: Yep, you got it......can discharge one of those puppies really fast using the Redbeard U812 method.:mad::mad::mad:

Get to the porch only to find that my newest fur baby had decided to turn my right flip flop into a chew toy. Damned dog. No flops today, back inside for my boots. Yes, I scolded the bitch!:eek:

Get known tools and head up to discharge that damned cap and Die-Lectric some connections. Performed operation flawlessly this time, no flashing lights and possible coronary. Back down to flip the breaker. Waited few moments for silly computer to do it's thing before hitting the start button.

Nothing! Hmmm?:confused:

Powered down, got me a can of Vienna Sausages, because I have enjoyed the poisoning so far this weekend from the two cans I ate Friday night.:sick::sick: Had to top that off with couple spicy pickled Bantam eggs....if you gonna do it might as well do it right!;)

Headed back up hoping the effects of what I had just eaten would not slam dunk while I was up there.:whistle: Performed the operation flawlessly for a second time, applied a little more Die-Lectric to the connections and proceeded down to try again.

Nope! sh!##! Ph@ck! What is wrong? o_OTurn off breaker, go back up. upon inspection, it seems a furry little mammal with sharp teeth has been gorging itself on the wiring harness that is hidden under the cowling. I hate mice! Crimps, dikes, wire butts, heat shrink, and the propane torch back up top. Cut out the bad, spliced and, heat shrink.

Back down to flip the switch again. Nothing?????o_O:confused::confused::confused: Then as though the damned AC had been messing with me, she came to life. Fan, then compressor kicked in.:) Unfortunately, I don't have any beer......that would be a victory desert on top of the potted meat and pickled eggs. :D

Campground electric is notoriously bad. A HUGHES Autoformer is worth looking at. Same for a PROGRESSIVE Surge Protector.

And (most of all) a MICROAIR Easy Start for the AC unit.

Campground electric is notoriously bad. A HUGHES Autoformer is worth looking at. Same for a PROGRESSIVE Surge Protector.

And (most of all) a MICROAIR Easy Start for the AC unit.
I have two autoformers. Two different brands. 50 amp. They are not needed here. I have good power running from the barn to camper 126.7 an 125.4 on the legs. even on start up it does not drop but couple volts. Was all those little rats or tree rats chewing the wires up.

Reactions: Slowmover
How mice get into things just baffles me. I really can't see dragging a lawn chair up on the roof and making a blind just to shoot holes in my camper top. But have thought about doing it as a deer blind, unfortunately I have asshole neighbors who would love to just call the law seeing a deer blind up there out of season. Can see it now....

" Uh,......... but Mister Wildlife and Fisheries Man.....I was eradicating mice that had taken up home in my AC unit on top of my camper. I built the blind so I wouldn't spook 'em." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Red , Deer Blind ? It's called shooting out the window of my wife's horse barn ! Got all the cables run for cable Tv just haven't put the big screen up yet !:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?