• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What electronics have YOU fixed lately?

Welcome...to Jurassic Super Galaxy!!! Serial number 000022. Damn you to hell corrosive glue!!!!!!!!!!

GetAttachmentThumbnail
yep nasty pidgon poo aint it?

Yeppers. This is the rubber cement style stuff. Still pliable but it's filling its tummy up on components... gerrrrrr. Now the hard mustard yellow style is a b**ch to remove sometimes when it gets in the nooks and crannies...

Reactions: Rwb
I got 2 smartazz phones im about to work on.hope this counts.im waitin on my daugher to come back for a visit.gonna video this work.im putting each 1 on hedge fence posts and shooting them with number 4 shot from my long goose shotgun.should be an educational video set to help techs fix smartazz phones

Reactions: Robb
Oughta pick up one of those Chronos high-speed cameras.

http://www.krontech.ca/

That way you can track the shot on its way to the target, and watch the phone's fragments lazily sail through the air after impact.

You might need to launch a kickstarter to raise the money first.

Slow-mo is so cool.

oh yes its cool.maybe we got a member that owns 1 that could show up and video it,post it here,there and ALL over youtube

OK... Last week was open heart surgery to attempt a resurrection of a 2510 with some real hack jobs inside!!!

Reverse protection diode was shorted. The SWR control on front panel was hacked for some kind of variable power. Then a micro manual relay was soldered in the audio line of the 4 PIN hack job mic jack. The oem 5 pin jack with circuit board is gone baby gone.... ugh!!! And the corrosive glue bunnies are doing their best to eat stuff.

My goal here is try to get any display characters back up to even see if this patient is worth saving... place yer bets...place yer bets!!!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Reactions: Rwb
Now, onto today. Gotta order up replacement PCB relay for the 5th wheel camper AC. Compressor stays running when T-stat is shut off.... WTF.... Found relay contacts welded shut. Now... $5 relay or $65 for complete control board?... I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Reactions: Rwb and Robb
They’re popular for the obvious stated reasons.

Further is to be able to run an RV rooftop AC on a 15A circuit. Details apply.

Or, to use an inverter/generator. Not up to speed with this but I think attraction is smaller genset size (weight is a problem in a hurry).

A trailer the size of mine (35’) and being aluminum means it heats up fast. Two roof airs almost mandatory. And, given other loads, a 5K or larger diesel genset weighs something like 400-500/lbs which would have to be installed in a pickup bed, etc.

The E-Start gives some relief to the problem. (That, and afternoon shade). The REAL problem is often OFTEN crappy electric service.

Pair this with a HUGHES Autoformer and keep an eye on voltage.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.