• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Is The Best Base Antenna Under $135

The Sirio 2016 performs well for me. It has better receive than the Imax it replaced. Good to 3KW intermittent duty and handles Ice, wind and snow well.

zotRF4c.jpg

bKRncFW.jpg

Talked around the world on an antron 99 also I max 2000 and a Siro new tornado, Never owned a Maco v-5/8 but I will say I know a person who has one with a missing radial who gets out like you would not beleive so.......
! maco V5/8
2 Siro new Tornado. ( quiet on the receive compaired to fiberglass )
3 Imax 2000 cant go wrong but put a little nolux or dielectric grease between sections
4 Antron 99 the Ground plane kit brought in olny \more noise for me..
5 Beam if you got the cash rotor etc Maco comet etc

I got my 142gtl back from the repair shop today time to get another base antenna. I am thinking about getting a Sirio 2012 from H&Y says in stock would it be out of stock??

I narrowed it down to

Sirio Tornado if the radials are 4ft
Sirio 827
IMax

Which of these 3 are the best??

.... You are supposed to completely ignore the velocity of the cable when determining half wave lengths.
For mobiles you need to take into account the velocity of the cable, but we're talking about base antennas here and on a base station there is no velocity to account for because base stations don't move.:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: space cowboy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.