• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What was your last meal??

20200530_075207.jpg
After working all night on the rig, this was the best I could do for breakfast.

Yesterday we made “chopped cheese” sandwiches...originating in the Bronx.

Much like a philly cheesesteak, but made from ground beef seasoned with Adobo...mixed on the grill with cheese, onions, peppers. Then shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, mayonnaise and catsup, served on a hoagie roll (grill in some grease).

Best homebrew street food I’ve had in a long long time.

Horseshoe.

For anyone that doesn't know (central IL original) texas toast+fat hamburger+ fries covered in cheese of your choice. Slow cooked beer cheese is my favorite but velveeta or cheddar if your in a hurry. They kick ass.
My wife grew up a couple hours away in Mo.. she had no idea what they were til we got together. She now makes one of the best.

I want to let this secret recipe out before I croak. It is a meat preparation I call my Memphis style dry rub. The first thing I want tell you is it use to be more complicated mixing all of the different seasoning together. Till I discovered McCormick's was the same.
First of all there are no substitutes allowed.
!. McCormick seasoned meat tenderizer.
2. Garlic powder same size container as the tenderizer.
3. Onion powder same size container as the tenderizer.

What is important is the proportion of tenderizer, onion and garlic powder.
All of the salt is in the McCormick's and you do not need to add any more.
Mix all of the powders together making sure to keep the area dry and low moisture so the powders will not clump.

When mixed return to the bottles and close them up. Mark the bottles as "Dry Rub.".
Works best as a slow cooking, smoking, grilling and broiling.

Tallman , I haven't had any decent Fried Green Tomatoes since my Mom passed she was fro Wv . I haven't got the recipe dialed in yet . But corn meal is one of the ingredients , right ? Maybe I'm doing it right but it was just Mom's cooking !:) Do you use butter milk also ? This Inquiry Mind needs to know .:LOL:

Try adding a small amount Chili powder to the cornmeal/flour mix. Don't cut the tomato too thick.
  • In a separate bowl, stir flour, seasoned salt and pepper together.
  • Beat eggs in another bowl.
  • Dry the tomato Dip each slice in beaten eggs and then in the flour mixture. Set aside on a floured baking sheet.
  • Fill a dutch oven half full of peanut oil. Heat oil to 325 to 350 degrees.
  • Dredge each slice of tomato in the eggs and then the flour mixture again. Place carefully into the hot oil.
  • Fry the slices in batches until golden, turning to brown evenly.
  • Let me know if this works for you. I didn't see the question until tonight.

Try adding a small amount Chili powder to the cornmeal/flour mix. Don't cut the tomato too thick.
  • In a separate bowl, stir flour, seasoned salt and pepper together.
  • Beat eggs in another bowl.
  • Dry the tomato Dip each slice in beaten eggs and then in the flour mixture. Set aside on a floured baking sheet.
  • Fill a dutch oven half full of peanut oil. Heat oil to 325 to 350 degrees.
  • Dredge each slice of tomato in the eggs and then the flour mixture again. Place carefully into the hot oil.
  • Fry the slices in batches until golden, turning to brown evenly.
  • Let me know if this works for you. I didn't see the question until tonight.

Thanks. There’s a reason restaurants are very careful in this. Reputation.

Here is another "Secret Recipe" i wish to share. It is my Favorite Cream Gravy for Chicken Fried Steaks. It contains no bacon grease at all. This makes it more friendly to the folks who can not eat pork. Butter is used instead of bacon fat.
Take a quart jar that has a tight sealing lid. It needs to be leak proof because you will be shaking the jar and liquid contents to mix the dry ingredients into a batter.

I like using the "Kentucky Colonel" season flour since it has the salt and coarse ground pepper in it. If your store does not sell it don't worry. For two tablespoons of flour add 1/8 tsp of salt to the flour and the coarse ground pepper. The pepper is a season to taste issue. Go light on the pepper until you figure out what you want.

Now the how to:
Two table spoons of seasoned flour added to 1 pint of cold milk or cream into a quart jar and screw down the lid nice and tight and shake it vigorously for at least 30 seconds. Look for lumps. If there are any shake again for another 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary and as often as necessary,
Preheat your skillet to the point where four tablespoons butter is bubbling quickly. The skillet type needs to be an even heating variety. Cast Iron, Or a clad type of Stainless Steel.
When you add the milk/flour to the skillet stirring constantly is necessary to keep lumps from forming and scalding the gravy. I like to use a wide plastic spatula to keep the bottom of the skillet free from scalding milk.
Pour the flour/milk mixture into the melted butter and heat at medium heat until you see the mixture start to bubble. Reduce heat to simmer and stir continuously until
the mixture has thickened. For extra thick gravy add more flour at the start. Trying to add the flour at the end will give you more lumps than you know what to do with.

Last edited:
Here is another "Secret Recipe" i wish to share. It is my Favorite Cream Gravy for Chicken Fried Steaks. It contains no bacon grease at all. This makes it more friendly to the folks who can not eat pork. Butter is used instead of bacon fat.
Take a quart jar that has a tight sealing lid. It needs to be leak proof because you will be shaking the jar and liquid contents to mix the dry ingredients into a batter.

I like using the "Kentucky Colonel" season flour since it has the salt and coarse ground pepper in it. If your store does not sell it don't worry. For two tablespoons of flour add 1/8 tsp of salt to the flour and the coarse ground pepper. The pepper is a season to taste issue. Go light on the pepper until you figure out what you want.

Now the how to:
Two table spoons of seasoned flour added to 1 pint of cold milk or cream into a quart jar and screw down the lid nice and tight and shake it vigorously for at least 30 seconds. Look for lumps. If there are any shake again for another 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary and as often as necessary,
Preheat your skillet to the point where four tablespoons butter is bubbling quickly. The skillet type needs to be an even heating variety. Cast Iron, Or a clad type of Stainless Steel.
When you add the milk/flour to the skillet stirring constantly is necessary to keep lumps from forming and scalding the gravy. I like to use a wide plastic spatula to keep the bottom of the skillet free from scalding milk.
Pour the flour/milk mixture into the melted butter and heat at medium heat until you see the mixture start to bubble. Reduce heat to simmer and stir continuously until
the mixture has thickened. For extra thick gravy add more flour at the start. Trying to add the flour at the end will give you more lumps than you know what to do with.
You sir are making me hungry. I will be right back, I got to see what is in the fridge.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated