• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whats the dumbest thing

Looked over the big round baler Friday night and missed seeing the bearing that was going out as it was hidden by a large sprocket. :mad: By the grace of God I didn't set anything on fire. It was a large drive roller and what was left of the bearing carrier ground the hex shaft where the bearing sets. That may have been fixable but the shaft was bent. Having to replace one meant having to replace two since the rubber pads that the long belts go around would be much larger than the other drive roller and the size difference would cause a #60 chain to break. :eek:

$2k later plus whatever for four new bearings and few other assorted parts and we're back up and running. A nice bit of stupid tax has been paid. :censored:

Reactions: 357magnum
Dmans , I would have like your post but OUCH , that would be masochistic ! ;) NONB , I retired last year from bailing hay after over 50 years 15 straight last hitch my friends round bale and I have seen that happen , I retired a regular bale guy . My old JD baler wouldn't quit except for changing a few knotters and a shear pin every now and again . :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: N0NB
Just got back from surgery having a completely severed tendon to the "Traffic Finger" knuckle repaired.

The lessons that seem to stick with me are from Repetition and Trauma Impact.

Guess which ones stay longer?

73's
David

I used a soldering iron today!! To most this seems trivial but after very limited use of my dominant hand for about 6 weeks, I was successful at building some audio patch cords, installing some 1/8" phone plugs and jacks and building myself an audio switchbox.
(Seen below at the end of my "Traffic Finger".)
DSCI0043.JPG

This is a 3 position single pole rotary switch with 4-1/8" jacks on the rear. It allows me to switch receive audio from the Cobra, Kenwood and one other cable reserved for my fleabay scores I may have opened up at the moment.

This beats the crap out of the Physical Therapy trips I have been making!
3 more weeks or so and I can shed this (I am sure excessively expensive)medical device, then time to continue with the Hygain tuned input and Grid bias mods, and about 4 more fleabay scores and............................................................................

73's
David

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Accepting a new job the same day I got laid off. XYL wanted me to try semi retirement life for the summer. Im still in the doghouse for that.
Retire only when you are ready. Don't make age your cage. I've been retired since 1999. Don't miss dealing with idiots in management below me.

Reactions: 357magnum
I did something similar a while back, there was a lot of lightning one night so I unhooked my coax, a few days later I turned the radio on and I thought to myself “man is it quiet tonight” I scanned channels expecting to hear someone somewhere, nope there was nothing AM, USB, and LSB. I went to bed disappointed, it was the next time I turned the radio on a few days later before I realized my mistake. :D

I had a new car that I had invested way too much into to make it faster and upgrade the suspension...after paying for a cpu tune I decided to “see what it would do” ...I got clocked at 143 in a 75 by a not so friendly Indiana state trooper at 3am on my way home from work...I hadn’t had a ticket in 14 years. He literally was ready to cuff me when he seen my military ID and FOID card when I took my license out of my wallet. He wrote the ticket for 99mph and gave me a 30 minute butt chewing. It cost me $240 in court and another butt chewing by the judge. My wife made me trade the car for my 2017 Ram 1500.

That is impossible to believe. If you are pulled over, the carry permit info is plain to see when they run the plate number before approaching the vehicle.
I don't care if the driver was awarded a CMH, driving 100 mph on a public road should and will get the driver cuffed and a ride to jail.
Over 140 mph should result in a 1-5 year DL revocation.
The Officer who gave you the gift will have to explain that to their supervisor, since it's all on dash cam.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.