• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's your favorite pepper sauce?

I am a fan of Cholula and this guy:

1662855945749.jpeg

These are some of my favorites. Two of them aren't very popular among hot sauce snobs; the Texas Pete's and the El Yucateco Black Label. That's ok; I really like the smoky flavor of the Black Label on hamburgers and hot dogs among other things. As for the Texas Pete's, a lot of fans of Louisiana style hot sauces don't like it but I do like this hotter version. I also like Crystal and Tabasco.
El Yuc Green is really good on pasta dishes. I like the red too, but I'm out right now.
Cholula is my go-to for Tex-Mex food. I also like red or green El Yuc on Tex Mex.
The only thing I really like Srirachi on is seafood, especially Asian style seafood.

I raise lots of peppers (jalapeno, cayenne, habanero and ghost) in my garden and pickle them so I can enjoy them year round on nachos, sandwiches and other stuff.View attachment 60557
Those two in the middle have become my #1x#2. The smoky flavor on the left is great on beef. The green Habanero great on anything but particularly ham. The other two are present on the condiment lazy Susan quite often as well.

I had a bumper crop of habaneros a several years ago. Dad had a super high speed juicer. Produced about a quart of extract. I did't dare him to but did offer Dad a taste test. Moistened the tip of his pinky and touched his tongue. I thought he was going to have a heart attack. It wasn't a laughing matter til after he recovered. The pulp was blended into a carrot juice and celery sauce.

Reactions: WECSOG
Cholula Green Pepper Sauce got it for first time today (two thumbs up).
Jalapeno is says on the bottle. Sure enuf great jalapeño flavor.
The other Cholula I've got at hand is a Garlic and unspecified peppers. A unremarkably mild flavor. I guess I'm looking for distinctness. Like habanero or Datil pepper. I mentioned Datil peppers before and it's worth mentioning again.

Got 3# of fresh jalapeño also today, can't have enough; though usually moderate as to heat, which is good.

El Yucateco Habanero red and green, just sampled them both having good flavor but no remarkable difference. the 3rd is a "Black * (Reserve, I think)". It has a wonderful smoky flavor. Love it on roast beast.

Tabasco is another on hand, which I love on oysters. Also have lame Taco Bell sauce.

"Firehouse Subs", any body stop in for a sample of their sauces, on a sandwich of course? AudioShockWave may be speaking of several of their extracts.

Last edited:
Since we're speaking food. Walmart Great Value (GV) Mac and Cheese, just got better! Made a casserole of 4 browned sliced/diced weiners/hot dogs with 3-4 jalapeños finely chopped and tennis ball sized diced onions. Combined with macaroni; then the big reveal: Combined the GV cheese power with 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream, let it set 3-5 minutes to thicken, then gently combine it all. Lordy Gordy that was good. Made it again a couple days later with equivalent of two hamburger patties and two sausage patties; even better! Will have the last of the left-overs tomorrow. Then try it with chicken the next day or so. Also added into the last plateful a helping of KY and Lima beans. Don't forget this is a casserole so nibblet corn is an option.

Yes, I know. In some parts of the world corn is only fit for animals. But there's hominy, and cheese grits :)

Just finished last of left-overs with Cholula Green Pepper Sauce. Quite tasty.

:eek: McNuggets or Scallops all same size and shape, how is that?
A: Clues - sawdust and skates

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
From left to right, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Popeyes Chicken, and salsa from our local community cafeteria. The kids really tear this stuff up.

Does everyone have a KFC and Popeyes in their area? I assume that they are nation wide, but maybe not.

IMG_20221223_084254252.jpg

Put it on some duck eggs and sausage with grits. Oh yeah, you don't know what you are missing.

IMG_20221223_090001881_HDR.jpg

Another Tabasco sauce vote here,

Growing up in New Mexico which is the Green Chile capital I love it over eggs and potatoes for breakfast but when I started driving over the road, it's not to be found outside of NM (with few exceptions).

I found breakfasts on the road bland and boring with no green chile so I turned to Tabasco sauce.

I started with a few drops at first, not because of the spice because spicy food doesn't bother me, but because it's a rich flavor.

Now I can just douse a breakfast plate with it!

I still prefer NM green chile but Tobacco sauce is the next best thing!

Another Tabasco sauce vote here,

Growing up in New Mexico which is the Green Chile capital I love it over eggs and potatoes for breakfast but when I started driving over the road, it's not to be found outside of NM (with few exceptions).

I found breakfasts on the road bland and boring with no green chile so I turned to Tabasco sauce.

I started with a few drops at first, not because of the spice because spicy food doesn't bother me, but because it's a rich flavor.

Now I can just douse a breakfast plate with it!

I still prefer NM green chile but Tobacco sauce is the next best thing!
I lived in Albuquerque for a few years, and my first daughter was born there. I sure do miss the green chili, we used to buy big burlap bags of them. There would always be someone with a truck load selling them on the corner and would roast them with a big propane heated tumbler basket machine. We would peel and freeze them in Ziploc bags. Those were the days!

From left to right, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Popeyes Chicken, and salsa from our local community cafeteria. The kids really tear this stuff up.

Does everyone have a KFC and Popeyes in their area? I assume that they are nation wide, but maybe not.

View attachment 61858

Put it on some duck eggs and sausage with grits. Oh yeah, you don't know what you are missing.

View attachment 61859
KFC is nationwide even many of them are worldwide.

Popeye's came to NM about 10 years ago and spread into Az and elsewhere by now.

I did live in Biloxi Ms for a few years as a young kid being my dad was stationed there in the Air Force so I got a taste for some Southern foods.

School lunches had the usual fare but always included red beans and rice which I love. Popeye's is the only place in Abq. where I can get it. The spicy chicken and jambalaya is good stuff!

I also love grits and used to eat black eyed peas and turnip greens when it was on the school lunch menu.

Even grits used to be hard to find here but not anymore.

Black eyed peas and other southern dishes not likely found in NM.

We have a nice hot Thai/Lao place nearby and I stop in to see what's mixing once a week or so. Habaneros lately are dry and not much liquid heat from them...but once in a while a plump habanero gets by and we say we "habanero escape".

Merry Chrispmess or whatever is the current well-being wording.
Bweedle

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated