• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which big black base should I get?

If you decide on a "high watt" 10 meter mobile radio converted for 11 meters, be certain you don't get the cart before you buy the horse. Translation: First, get a decent power supply for the radio of choice.
So what power supply do you get along with?

This is the 30 amp supply I got so far it doing what I needed for a Stryker 955. Simple and quiet.1000009865.jpg

Really similar to yours above

I've ran the alinco dm-330mvt as my station supply for about 4 years and handles most radios without breaking a sweat. I won't even try the radios with a built in amp though.

You've got tons of headroom to run that Stryker.

Reactions: Keto
Really similar to yours above

I've ran the alinco dm-330mvt as my station supply for about 4 years and handles most radios without breaking a sweat. I won't even try the radios with a built in amp though.

You've got tons of headroom to run that Stryker.
Good to know your Alinco is lasting.
Headroom was what I was shooting for. When I add to the radio or a have a high watt I'll have to go bigger.
I've just used the 13.8 v preset setting, figure I could bump that up some, radio shows 14.1 though
Guess I should test it to see I'd the digital is off?

Good to know your Alinco is lasting.
Headroom was what I was shooting for. When I add to the radio or a have a high watt I'll have to go bigger.
I've just used the 13.8 v preset setting, figure I could bump that up some, radio shows 14.1 though
Guess I should test it to see I'd the digital is off?
One of the two is off, a dvm would give that away. If it's the supply, it's not enough to cause a problem at least.

Reactions: Keto
Checked the volts out from the supply 13.8. and the put it in variable mode. The 955 radio is always .2 volt higher from the Meter and supply.
Probably a way to correct that, seem like I've seen it on a video. Not a big deal but annoying detail.

Checked the volts out from the supply 13.8. and the put it in variable mode. The 955 radio is always .2 volt higher from the Meter and supply.
Probably a way to correct that, seem like I've seen it on a video. Not a big deal but annoying detail.
It's in the service menu somewhere but I've never messed around in there so I can't tell you how.

Here it is at the 7 minute mark.

Here it is at the 7 minute mark.

Aah , service menu. I thought it was on a video I've seen. I'll not mess around with that. Thanks for the info.
What voltage do you run something like this at?
Edit: After watching the video again, I went into the service menu and up to the voltage readout # and dropped it .2 and now the multimeter. Power supply and radio all line up. Thanks!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.