• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which one would you buy and why

Hope to god that if you're running mobile you've drilled a hole in the vehicle for the mount. Magmounts and lip mounts won't cut it with that power, neither will RG58 coax.

A good way to burn money. It won't get you any further than 100W will mobile because the topography and radio horizon are your limiting factors, not power.

I guess you don't know that if the power is doubled that will gain 1/2 an s unit????
I guess more than 1 full s unit is insignificant in your eyes.
Magnet mounts won't cut it for that power??????? WRONG! I know quite a few people who would prove you wrong.
The only thing in your post that I agree with is that RG58 coax won't handle the power.

Last edited:
Reason I said a TS amp is because awhile back I was looking at buying a new TS amp, that was because all the research I did on there amps shows it been a cleaner amp, saw the 500 and the 1600dx on a scope in a video, and it shows it having a cleaner pattern, guess you call it....

The 1600dx was showed on a scope using a driver which was a modulator/1 pill and it was told then to be a class c amp.....without the driver it was said to be cleaner, and would swing 900 watts, seems like was a class b or a AB, don't remember its been awhile, but all clean audio on ssb..

Have never ran a TS amp, was just going on what the research had all showed me.....incase your wondering what I did go with, bought a new FT 450d radio instead....

All I have ever ran myself is XF amps, ran there MS 250 w/2290's, MF 350 w/2879's, TNT 600HD, and a XF40012HD amp....and all these amps was purchased back before 2009...got good service out of all of them......that 600HD, now I loved running that amp in my truck, ran a Magnum S9 w/1969 finals in it, and didn't use a driver with that radio, and the antenna was a Predator 10k, and have to say it talked great in dx....I myself like that 600HD was a sweet amp....not sure how clean it would show on a scope, but everyone gave good reports on how it sounded...

Reactions: Drifter

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.