• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who are you on the air?

Reading through here I most likely have spoken to several of you. I go by Boise 521. Alan is the name. AM I am Big A also using Boise 521. I don't do skip on AM but will on SSB. AM is just to noisy and people sound like crap when skip is going on. Maybe the overdriven amps making them sound terrible. SSB sound much nicer to my older ears. I am going to be on 16 lower July 4. Wish me happy birthday if we meet up. I will know you read this. I'll be 69 that day. May use a quarter wave vertical on my F150 or if I can I am going to work up a inverted V. My 11 meter moxon is being turned into a 10 meter moxon so that is out of service right now. I got my general licence a few months back. KJ7EFC. My old CB call sign was KDF7537 when FCC used to issue those.

Chop , what's up w/ our buddy Tall ? Out of Jokes & Sarcasm . Hate to say it ... I miss the Dude hope he's Ok , or ... Maybe tired of picking on you !:LOL: All the best Tallman !
The wife and I have been taking turns running up Doctor bills and annoying Hospital staff. One of the nurse's has proclaimed to be my girl friend and the wife said take him if you want, but he only eats "Ramen Noodles!" That was a good belly laugh for all of us. I still come around when I am conscious.This noodle diet is not working for me. It is time for some meat! There's my next meal. Here kitty kitty kitty.

........This noodle diet is not working for me. It is time for some meat! There's my next meal. Here kitty kitty kitty.

Whaaat!

414208754.jpg

Reactions: 357magnum
Tall is back w/ a Vengeance !:LOL: He must be feeling better ? Tall hows your wife ?
She's the reason I'm so cranky. Can't sleep with the chain saw raising hell when I'm supposed to be sleeping. She says she is purring. I guess chain saws purr too!
She doing good after four days in the hospital. Her mother drives crazy and gave her ulcers. You can she the change in her face when her mother calls and she hears her voice. We call her the"Mumzinator." The old lady is meaner than a water moccasin and does not care how she affects others. She snubbed me at Christmas and did not invite me to dinner and I have not spoken to her since. She was raised in Nazi Germany and thinks I'm Jewish. I have not tried to dissuade different because I'm sure she is Hitlers love child.
(Some of the above is humor and some is not.)

Believe me Tall , I get it ! My Mother - in - Law was testy but a peach , she passed & then there was my Father - in - law ! Whole different ball game , both have passed now & we are left dealing w/ selling the house ( sold now ) no help from other family members & they were hoarders to the max . Wife & I both 65 but we got through it but $$ paid out for help . Closing is soon & believe me I Can't Wait ! Done w/ The BS !:whistle:;)

We all talk to each other on the air. There is a good chance that many of us have talk to each other without knowing it.

Many of us may have a local Persona that differs from our online persona.

In my city I am known as Stratocaster. However, online, I am known as Loose Cannon. If you reach me on sideband I will use the numbers 410.

So, how are the rest of you identified on DX Communications as opposed to your local handle?
LC

Dxing i go by 3025 on 18 wheels
Talking to friends either bugsy or bobby.

Ralph , That's why I missed Tall ! Honest & always good for a laugh !:)
The life I have lived is like the Chinese curse, May you live in interesting times. They always tell you when life give you lemons make lemon aid. If it gives you multiple bags of manure....Plant a garden?
You either laugh or cry your way through life. I prefer to laugh and Share to allow others laugh with me.

Believe me Tall , I get it ! My Mother - in - Law was testy but a peach , she passed & then there was my Father - in - law ! Whole different ball game , both have passed now & we are left dealing w/ selling the house ( sold now ) no help from other family members & they were hoarders to the max . Wife & I both 65 but we got through it but $$ paid out for help . Closing is soon & believe me I Can't Wait ! Done w/ The BS !:whistle:;)
My father in law died early because he wanted to. I understand his decision.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.