• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who are you on the air?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
We all talk to each other on the air. There is a good chance that many of us have talk to each other without knowing it.

Many of us may have a local Persona that differs from our online persona.

In my city I am known as Stratocaster. However, online, I am known as Loose Cannon. If you reach me on sideband I will use the numbers 410.

So, how are the rest of you identified on DX Communications as opposed to your local handle?
LC

Well on the forums, I'm dozerman, from the work I did for 20 yrs in the coal mines in wva, Illinois and Ky. Since moving to Tennessee, I've had to change handles to keep confusion down. Here in Milan on ch 22, I'm jonesy. But when I stretch my coax out and talk across the road, I'm 277. I'm still the same asshole either way.

My old non-linear name was "The Triple Nickel, The 555 in Central Texas" or where ever I was at the time. My name has been copied many, many times, I have been the triple nickel for over fifty years.
I've heard a triple nickel and 555 central Texas on sideband quite a few times.
I used 309 in the land of Lincoln but that is going to change when I get back on the air. Just moved to south east AL last weekend.

I've heard a triple nickel and 555 central Texas on sideband quite a few times.
I used 309 in the land of Lincoln but that is going to change when I get back on the air. Just moved to south east AL last weekend.
That was probably me. I have been copied many times but never successfully. At one time I was using "The Hurricane Five Five Five" because some little squirt started claiming my call. I told him it's not the call that makes it, it is the operator, and he did not have enough class to pull it off. Which he then launched into a 30 minute profanity laced tirade. When he unkeyed all of the people who knew me told him to shut up and get off the air, which started it all over again.

Back in the 70s it was Spiderman. Not a very original handle, but my logo sure was. An artist friend of mine did it for me. The body of a tarantula with Groucho Marx's head. (You young guys won't know who I'm talking about.)

These days, just Riverman.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated