1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Who are you on the air?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by loosecannon, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

When I get my station up and running I will ask the local Shade Tree if he talks DX. If not then I will use Shade Tree Mechanic for DX and 2340 would be my number. Thanks! I sent you a pm.

S&W357, NZ8N, 357magnum and 1 other person like this.

2. walterjn

walterjn Member

Local AM I go by Shotgun.
    SSB i go by 569 central coast California.
    Online are a various different handles.

3. RT431

RT431 In the swamp

Romeo Tango 431 on SSB
    Fantom on AM

4. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

I've been " Grumpy " to locals on the radio almost 50 years . Right off the bat I know I've chatted w/ a few on here , I have you logged . On Am while talking Dx I go by " 357 Magnum " on SSB I use " 1183 The Mini State Ri " . I've logged all 50 US States & hope to have the opportunity to chat with a few more on WWDX . 73 & God Bless , Leo

5. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 From the high plains of Texas

Eldorado828 on the forums and 425 Texas on the air (sometimes followed by "from the lonestar state).

6. snow bird

snow bird Active Member

Local I go by Snow Bird DX I use Triple 1. Over the years I have been Copped by outhers LOL.. On the air frist time 1975 .

7. sunbulls

sunbulls Sr. Member

“Chicken Bone” was the handle given to me by some local friends years ago. At the time I was being teased at one of our CB gatherings about leaving no meat left behind on my fried chicken. That’s the AM handle I’ve used every since. BTW...I still like the meat that’s next to the bone, ribs included. People that say they love chicken wings yet leave half the meat are crazy!
    “SB300” is the numbers I use on 11 meter SSB. That number started from a small group of sidebanders in our area back in the early 70’s. At that time I was given a block of numbers between 300 and 400 to pass along to future members, but our group numbers racket soon disbanded because of lacking interest or smaller size. I don’t think our numbers ever made it past 500. Like most small groups, our members started using numbers from the many larger or better organized groups.
    “Gentlemen’s Quarterly” is the phonetics I often use in place of GQ in my ham call sign.

8. Pioneer621

Pioneer621 Member

My screen name is my CB name / numbers. No different persona, never felt the need to be a different person on the radio.

Not much local activity anymore, so I have not really been on the radio in a number of years or even worked on any or anything. I kind of miss tinkering with the stuff though.

9. S&W357

S&W357 Sr. Member

On AM and SSB the same... “357” pronounced “Three Fifty Seven”

On DX “ NC357” or “357 North Carolina”

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  10. TheRATT

TheRATT KJ7GKX

AM I go by Atomic Punk (Seattle since 1989).

SSB I am 213, Evergreen State (or Northwest Corner).

73!

357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  11. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 Active Member

I believe I have heard you out there, just never was able to reach you over the rest. Mainly hearing Florida or Georgia over everyone else.

Locally back in the late 90s I was the "Little Warrior", as there was already a "Warrior" on 19, but I always hung out on 23 or 13. Have just recently gotten back on the radio, and not sure if I want to keep that handle or not. Lately on 21 here I just go by my first name.

If I am trying for skip, I usually go by "442 in Northeastern Buckeye".

12. Robalo

Robalo Active Member

Robalo I always been Robalo since late 70's

TheRATT, 357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  13. S&W357

S&W357 Sr. Member

That's cool! I'll be listening for "442 in Northeastern Buckeye" (y)

357magnum likes this.
  14. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

On the radio it’s “oh god, you can talk” and at home it’s “I wish you’d shut up a-hole”.

Hey, you asked.

TheRATT, 357magnum, S&W357 and 2 others like this.
  15. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Well-Known Member

Mine is The 167, State of Iowa on both SSB/AM. At one time I belonged to 14 different CB radio clubs! Many different call numbers right there! My last active club I checked in with was Twin Rivers here in Iowa. Hence, the 167 as in TR167!

TheRATT, 357magnum and S&W357 like this.