• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who are you on the air?

Maybe better. 2340. Be good my friend. PS. I noticed while looking at the photos I added during the Sonar's sale it's my mic on top of the rig. An honest mistake I assure you. Sorry.
When I get my station up and running I will ask the local Shade Tree if he talks DX. If not then I will use Shade Tree Mechanic for DX and 2340 would be my number. Thanks! I sent you a pm.

I've been " Grumpy " to locals on the radio almost 50 years . Right off the bat I know I've chatted w/ a few on here , I have you logged . On Am while talking Dx I go by " 357 Magnum " on SSB I use " 1183 The Mini State Ri " . I've logged all 50 US States & hope to have the opportunity to chat with a few more on WWDX . 73 & God Bless , Leo

“Chicken Bone” was the handle given to me by some local friends years ago. At the time I was being teased at one of our CB gatherings about leaving no meat left behind on my fried chicken. That’s the AM handle I’ve used every since. BTW...I still like the meat that’s next to the bone, ribs included. People that say they love chicken wings yet leave half the meat are crazy!
“SB300” is the numbers I use on 11 meter SSB. That number started from a small group of sidebanders in our area back in the early 70’s. At that time I was given a block of numbers between 300 and 400 to pass along to future members, but our group numbers racket soon disbanded because of lacking interest or smaller size. I don’t think our numbers ever made it past 500. Like most small groups, our members started using numbers from the many larger or better organized groups.
“Gentlemen’s Quarterly” is the phonetics I often use in place of GQ in my ham call sign.

My screen name is my CB name / numbers. No different persona, never felt the need to be a different person on the radio.

Not much local activity anymore, so I have not really been on the radio in a number of years or even worked on any or anything. I kind of miss tinkering with the stuff though.

On AM and SSB the same... “357” pronounced “Three Fifty Seven”

On DX “ NC357” or “357 North Carolina”

I believe I have heard you out there, just never was able to reach you over the rest. Mainly hearing Florida or Georgia over everyone else.

Locally back in the late 90s I was the "Little Warrior", as there was already a "Warrior" on 19, but I always hung out on 23 or 13. Have just recently gotten back on the radio, and not sure if I want to keep that handle or not. Lately on 21 here I just go by my first name.

If I am trying for skip, I usually go by "442 in Northeastern Buckeye".

I believe I have heard you out there, just never was able to reach you over the rest. Mainly hearing Florida or Georgia over everyone else.

Locally back in the late 90s I was the "Little Warrior", as there was already a "Warrior" on 19, but I always hung out on 23 or 13. Have just recently gotten back on the radio, and not sure if I want to keep that handle or not. Lately on 21 here I just go by my first name.

If I am trying for skip, I usually go by "442 in Northeastern Buckeye".

That's cool! I'll be listening for "442 in Northeastern Buckeye" (y)

Reactions: 357magnum
Mine is The 167, State of Iowa on both SSB/AM. At one time I belonged to 14 different CB radio clubs! Many different call numbers right there! My last active club I checked in with was Twin Rivers here in Iowa. Hence, the 167 as in TR167!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated