• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who works on Texas Star amps?

My buddy told me when he called galaxy they told him they were building on avg 3-5 amplifiers a day. Per. Day. That's it. That's why they are scarce currently. Repairs are behind more than that I suppose. Who knows. It's all very nebulous.

Sorry OP we have veered off topic quite a bit. I dont really know anyone who works on TS amps. I mean you could ship em to someone like BBI and have em gone through, but that will cost you probably most of the cost of a new amp depending on size and he probably still has a backlog.

As soon as I get my hands on it I will report with photos and such. My source said he believed they were using he's. We will soon see how it goes for the 350hdv at least.
I would be shocked if anyone was using fake Toshiba on purpose. Think that's mainly a revenue trick to generate sales of the pills themselves?

I would be shocked if anyone was using fake Toshiba on purpose. Think that's mainly a revenue trick to generate sales of the pills themselves?
To help everyone understand the specific amp I am speaking of see the attached pics. The amp is really in great shape. My hesitancy is the cost of the transistors and the unknown source of the replacements (see pic). I just have not worked on amps very much and I don't want to blow a transistor and well, you get it......

Attachments

• DX 500V Pic inside.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
  • DX 500V Pic.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20231012_114028.jpg
    20231012_114028.jpg
    863 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: lonestarbandit
It was a true story just a little while back. Somehow and some way a batch of fake Toshiba's made their way into Texas star and for sale to the market. They fooled a few but it didn't last long. The reports were actually pretty good for a counterfeit. There's a few videos on the tube and even Lester's got a few and showed good reports. That's the extent of what I know but @Shadetree Mechanic is right about the fakes.

It was a true story just a little while back. Somehow and some way a batch of fake Toshiba's made their way into Texas star and for sale to the market. They fooled a few but it didn't last long. The reports were actually pretty good for a counterfeit. There's a few videos on the tube and even Lester's got a few and showed good reports. That's the extent of what I know but @Shadetree Mechanic is right about the fakes.
Yep, it is true ........ I personally know that to be a fact !

• Wow
I didn't read this entire thread, but if someone is looking for a repair on a TS I would suggest BBI or Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper preferred IF you can squeeze in. He ran into trouble a couple of years ago and got totally swamped down. But, he worked extremely hard, got caught up on his backlog and is making new videos. I would call him before anyone else I know.

I didn't read this entire thread, but if someone is looking for a repair on a TS I would suggest BBI or Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper preferred IF you can squeeze in. He ran into trouble a couple of years ago and got totally swamped down. But, he worked extremely hard, got caught up on his backlog and is making new videos. I would call him before anyone else I know.
Either would be good.
But with either the turnaround will be close to 8 months or longer.......

Well a change of plans in the texas star pre-order for me. They notified me that they receive the 350hdv and a few 500's so I went with the 500 instead. It ships today and should hit me around Friday.

Hopefully I made a good decision going with the 500 instead. For 130 bucks more I get two more pills so why not. I hope why not anyways.

I'll report with photos and we'll see what the mystery is behind the current pills being used.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.