• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who would you consider the best DX'er on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRiverII

BANNED
Jan 8, 2022
I've been here a month or so and I just realized there were contests with DX. My above question regards contests although I realize there are many knowledgeable folks who are beyond contests, as in "...been there, done that."

So who is the top contest DX'er here? I ask the question because I guess I want to move further into this realm other than asking radio suggestion and antenna advice queries. I think it would be fun to enter a contest or multiple contests and get a little competitive. I'm not doing anymore Triathlons especially since the big fat broad beat me last time out, respects and kudos to her. Competition gets the juices flowing and I love it.

As you may have figured out I'll be asking contest questions for a while and like to know who is into it. Thank you. Now I'm thinking we have a contest section I missed and I'll be directed there any moment now, right?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

I've been here a month or so and I just realized there were contests with DX. My above question regards contests although I realize there are many knowledgeable folks who are beyond contests, as in "...been there, done that."

So who is the top contest DX'er here? I ask the question because I guess I want to move further into this realm other than asking radio suggestion and antenna advice queries. I think it would be fun to enter a contest or multiple contests and get a little competitive. I'm not doing anymore Triathlons especially since the big fat broad beat me last time out, respects and kudos to her. Competition gets the juices flowing and I love it.

As you may have figured out I'll be asking contest questions for a while and like to know who is into it. Thank you. Now I'm thinking we have a contest section I missed and I'll be directed there any moment now, right?
I don’t Contest but DX is just about all I do on HF.For every 100 QSO’s on HF 95 of them will be a DX Contact.I would have to go into the shack and look but I believe I have around 239 entities on HF.I don’t collect awards so I don’t worry about getting them all confirmed.It’s all for Fun for me.I was once a Contester on VHF & I WON three 1st Place Low Power Awards on 6 & 2 meters as well as 2nd in the World on another 6 meter Contest but I type very slowly so I grew very bored with Contesting and moved on.I chase grid squares on 6 and 2 meters on VHF & I have 49 states Confirmed on 6 meters and I believe I have around 30 states on 2 meters and all of them on SSB with no Satellite contacts counted in those just direct SSB using Tropo and eSkip.I have enough grid squares confirmed for 6 meters that I could have VUCC at least four or five times and VUCC on 2 meters at least three times with ease but again I am not interested in any awards.I find DX to be very easy on HF & 6 meters since I have worked every station I have ever heard on HF & 6 meters.I run a very good station with a good antenna setup and a great amplifier that works on HF & 6 meters as well.It’s a lot about timing for many but having great gear and good antennas and good feed line is also very important for a high success rate.You can look me up on QRZ.com and see what I am running for my stations.

73 from Florida and God Bless,
Clayton
W4KVW
SIX-SHOOTER
WRMX520

@sixshooter If there were awards for terrific answers yours would be Blue Ribbon for sure. Both you fellas have given me hours worth of research and I appreciate it. SIXSHOOTER as I read your wonderful post I thought of the movie "Tombstone." Precisely the act of twirling a SAA done by Mark Harmon?? Your information just kept coming and coming, non stop energy. BTW I know, through the internet some very good old timers who had done spinning 6 shooters in contests and were top notch. That scene was the best gun twirling I ever seen. I wonder if it was dubbed or refinished. In any event thank you.

I'm in Florida as well and I wonder what area you might be in? West Palm is mine. Retired and went to old lady heaven and I need some activities other than shopping with the Mrs. So Ham radio is my next in line life preserver. Anyhow that's a long enough post. Thanks

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
BJ is a great contester no doubt. DX Man is about the standard for 11 meter dx work. I work dx on hf and 11 meters and have been chasing it for years. I don't do any contesting but when the big contests are going on its a great time to catch some hard to get countries. Like the above poster said good antenna is critical and never hurts to have some extra power to break the pile ups.

How do you define "best"? Is it number of countries? If so, using what type of equipment and station? It's pretty easy to be the "best" DXer if you have a massive antenna array with tons of power. It's a lot harder to be a "good" DXer with whatever antenna you can put up and your rig and power output of choice. Both styles take skill and in my book, there's no reason to discount either approach.

Best always has a huge lot of parameters. Here on WWDX I am referring to someone capable with DX. I did not mean Gov't agency type antenna array, that's a bit of a jump in imagination. Actually it was a simple question most guys understand, no need to go further in an explanation. There will be no prizes, just friendly conversation.

He has plenty of posts in this section.

And here

Jeff

Reactions: NZ8N
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated