• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who would you consider the best DX'er on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to chat about DXing and Contesting, but feel l, even after 40+ years with my ticket still a minor player.
There are certainly better than I.
I have had some really cool contacts over the years!
I had a contest weekend last Fall where I worked over a Hundred++ Countries for 2/4 hour shifts at the mic.
Those were on 40/80 meters late from like 10PM EDT thru 2 AM EDT...what a blast.
I have 200+ countries on several bands, don't really keep track anymore.

I had 100++ countries back in the early 80's running low power 20 watts or less (most > 5 watts) using homebrew rigs and wire antennas.
I had a FIELD DAY weekend years ago. I operated a KIT Transceiver, I assembled. (OHR100A/20m)(Oak Hills kit)
MAX Total power 5 watts CW ONLY and wire Doublet Antenna about 30ft. up in a tree. No electricity, battery power only for entire weekend. I made over 200+ contacts and had 50+ countries from a State Park in Indiana.
I still have a 15m transceiver I built from a kit (2 watts max output) had more than likely 50+ countries worked on that rig.
I would guess that rig would most likely blow-up if I tried to put back on the air!!!! (Built circa mid 90's)
OK enough, I am just a small fish in the big pond.
However, after 40+ years of having my ticket still having fun.
Not many hobbies will give you that!(y):D
All the Best
Gary

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N
Well it that case you are wrong Captain Kilowatt. The N. Koreans are shut down hard. Don't play footsie games.

Cuba is still shut down hard as well. Don't kid yourself with licenses and permission.

You need to get your head out of the 1950's. While amateur radio is in fact nonexistent in North Korea it is certainly alive and well in Cuba. It might surprise you to know that it is a booming hobby in Russia as well. Not sure what you mean when you say Cuba is shut down hard as it pertains to amateur radio but you could not be further from the truth. There is hardly a day when conditions are from the Caribbean that I do not here operators from Cuba. They are not running low power hidden in the remote mountain regions in a cave either. If in fact anyone is kidding themselves it is you. I have been licensed since 1990 and been involved with shortwave listening since 1976 and have a LOT more on-air experience and knowledge than you so don't tell me that Cuba is shut down hard when it comes to amateur radio operations.

Hamdata Database
February 10, 2022
US Callsigns=842,867
(Largest number of active callsigns EVER)
Canadian Callsigns=85,096

In the last 12 months, the FCC has updated or issued 119,098 amateur radio licenses.

Amateur Radio Operators Worldwide now exceed 3 MILLION+...
Anyone says Amateur Radio is dead is truly misinformed.

Ham radio op's.png

Last edited:
CK you need to get your head out of your anatomy. Are you Cuban? Korean? Commie? Liberal? All of the above? Child? Mystic? Diviner?

This silly thread has dribbled on far too long. I shall volunteer to end the things now and inform you that I am clearly the best DX'er. You guys may now go off to brunch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 5.57.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 5.57.35 PM.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 86
This silly thread has dribbled on far too long. I shall volunteer to end the things now and inform you that I am clearly the best DX'er. You guys may now go off to brunch.
Thank you. Everyone knew the real answer all along.;)

Reactions: Wire Weasel
Getting a whiff of troll I think..........:sick:

I had that same feeling the other day as well. His post above was temporarily hidden by another admin, but I reinstated it just to show everyone the reason why he now has three days off to learn a few things. If he fails to do so, he won't be back. I'm not taking crap like that from a newbie whose mind is stuck in the era of McCarthyism and refuses to listen or believe others with MUCH more knowledge and experience.

CK you need to get your head out of your anatomy. Are you Cuban? Korean? Commie? Liberal? All of the above? Child? Mystic? Diviner?

None of the above but I am thinking that you may be that part of the human anatomy that you accuse me of having my head stuck in. I figure one good insult deserves another, however having said that it ends now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.