• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whoever said good fences make good neighbors, didn't live next to family!

Same here. Still annoying if I did it though.
When I roofed my old house there was one spot that I messed up a little. Nobody ever noticed it or at least they never pointed it out. It wasn't really that obvious except to me. Ever so often when I'd pull in the driveway I'd look right at it and grit my teeth.

I know what you mean. I set a mail box post in the ground years ago. Treated 4x4 with concrete in the hole. Years have gone by and that 4x4 warped and twisted clockwise. Got pitch like an airplane propeller. Annoys me but I’m too old and lazy now so it is what it is. It does give me something to be grouchy and grumble about though.

Started the carport, really happy with the size of it. They're going to tie it into the house finish the siding and pour the concrete. He's also going to fix the areas im not happy with. He hired two guys to help him and ends up they did the shoddy work which is what i kind of suspected. They are no longer employed.
20230708_142214.jpg
20230708_142120.jpg

Last edited:
waiting on some trim before we get finished with the siding and carport 3 to 4 days wait time. At least the house and carport will be finished as for the other project a shortage of steel has brought it to a screeching halt. We cannot get square tubing, pipe or sheet metal and no one has any idea about when a shipment will arrive. He tried 4 different companies and nobody has any in stock.

i bet thats not far from east oklahoma,talequah area south?
How in the world did you figure that out??
Im actually an hour and a half or 60 miles SW of Tahlequah. I live in Russellville a small community just North of Quinton. We have the Sans Boise mountains and Lake Eufaula in this area im probably a little biased but i think it's one of the prettiest spots in Oklahoma, i love living here.

We had new metal siding put on about 9 months ago and they kinda screwed up on the can lights on the front porch ceiling. So after a very long time of trying to figure out how to camouflage the mistake. This is what I came up with, its not perfect but a lot better than just 4 holes in the porch ceiling.
20240316_142917.jpg
20240225_221305.jpg
20240226_093911.jpg
this is what I had, this is the best one the other lined up with one of the big ridges in the metal and the trim for the lights wouldn't set flush against the ceiling.
20240226_093929.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.