• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whoever said good fences make good neighbors, didn't live next to family!

View attachment 61889
My daughter took this picture of the sunrise December 24th. I thought it was really good, and I love that she got the pump jack in there, they're everywhere around here. I know it's not really related to anything in this thread but that it was a really cool picture, so I made it my screen saver.
i used to haul them out of chanute,ks where they built them. paid great money too i like seeing them at work

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
well ima post a great view this fall working wheat ground late eveing
20221013_184516.jpg
20221013_170236.jpg

same field at noon .huge field too

Wasn't sure where to post this, but since it's associated with my house, I figured this was as good as any. My wife mainly complains about this house, living here, how much it costs to live here you name it she'll complain about it. Like I've said before I gave her an out, I gave her the last word in the decision of buying this place and she agreed we'd buy it. She claims it's too expensive to live here, according to her our bills run over $2000 a month. My wife keeps track of every penny we spend in notebooks, several years worth in each notebook. $2000 a month always sounded like a lot to me so today I did some digging around in her notebooks and compared expenses living here compared to living in Cameron Oklahoma our old house. And after going back 6 months on the new place it varies from $1300 to $1500 a month, not $2000 a month. The old place going back 6 months before the sale was $1100 to $1400 a month. Not a big difference considering the area we live in now is listed in the top 10 places to live in Oklahoma, the town is not just a bunch of overpriced run down rent houses where 8 out of 10 homes are acupied by drug abusers. Don't get me wrong Quinton Oklahoma has its share of drug heads and run down houses but far less than Cameron that I'm aware of. And the area is absolutely beautiful, just minutes from the biggest man made lake in Oklahoma it's an outdoorsman paradise for hunting or fishing and my neighbors aren't so shady that I'm constantly worried if they're robbing me blind while I'm at work. So a couple hundred dollars a month more to live here seems well worth it. My wife doesn't like change and never has, but it seems as though she tries to make me feel guilty that we moved or feel like I made a bad decision to move here. I'm perfectly happy here, this is everything I could have wanted in a home, this is my dream home but apparently it's not hers and it's just aggravating. I lived in Cameron about 6 years longer than I wanted to because she didn't want to move so I sucked it up a kept on keeping on. Now I feel she just needs to suck it up like I did, I'm soon to be 56 years old I'm not selling out and moving again, I told her awhile back. Until I die you're living in Quinton Oklahoma, after that you can sell out and move anywhere your heart desires. Just wondering if anyone else's wife plays these games? OK, I'm done complaining, just needed to vent a little bit.

Had a fellow come out to give me an estimate on building a 3 car carport onto my house, a 20ft overhang to the front of my shop including adding a third bay to my boat and camper storage. And a lean-to on the back of the shop running the full length of the shop. All made of metal construction. He hasn't got back to me yet, but I figure it will be a chunk of change. Like I told my wife, we can't take money with us when we die, we might as well spend some of it. I remember my grandparents were always saving money for their old age, they never seemed to realize that they were old. When they passed away they were still saving money for their old age.

They only put one water spigot on my house and it's in the back, they put a frost free pasture spigot near the front of the house as an after thought I figure. I'm having a new 3 car carport built starting Monday so the pasture spigot got moved and replaced. It a work in progress, but I plan to cover the new spigot with a mail box to camouflage the new spigot, and a place to store my spray heads for the water hose. In my minds eye it's gonna work, or it may be one of the dumbest ideas I had, time will tell.
Here's some pictures of the work in progress.
20230616_150212.jpg
20230616_171927.jpg

They came and started on the house this morning, got the vinyl siding off the West end of the house, when they started to put the metal siding up realized they sent the wrong color of trim with them when they picked up the metal siding. It's supposed to be ash gray with charcoal gray trim, the siding company sent everything thing in ash gray. So tomorrow their supposed to come back with the charcoal gray trim. I'm just glad I was home to catch the mistake because I'm leaving for West Virginia this evening.

They only put one water spigot on my house and it's in the back, they put a frost free pasture spigot near the front of the house as an after thought I figure. I'm having a new 3 car carport built starting Monday so the pasture spigot got moved and replaced. It a work in progress, but I plan to cover the new spigot with a mail box to camouflage the new spigot, and a place to store my spray heads for the water hose. In my minds eye it's gonna work, or it may be one of the dumbest ideas I had, time will tell.
Here's some pictures of the work in progress.View attachment 64223View attachment 64224
I'm still at work, but been thinking about this water spigot. Instead of a mail box to hide the spigot, I'm thinking about building a bird house to conceal it, I think the wife would be happier.

I'm still at work and my wife has sent several pictures of the siding that's get put on my house. Unfortunately it's not going as planned, looks like I'm going to have to camouflage a lot of mistakes. Or just fix it right myself. Here are a few things that's gonna drive me nuts
Screenshot_20230628_204506_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20230628_204515_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20230628_204813_Messages.jpg
ffor
Screenshot_20230628_205112_Messages.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: USXDriver
I'm still at work and my wife has sent several pictures of the siding that's get put on my house. Unfortunately it's not going as planned, looks like I'm going to have to camouflage a lot of mistakes. Or just fix it right myself. Here are a few things that's gonna drive me nuts View attachment 64389View attachment 64390View attachment 64391fforView attachment 64392
I'm pretty good at covering up mistakes but this may be a pretty big challenge. I should have known better this isn't the first time I've had this happen. But for what I'm paying for this job it should look a lot better. I swore I'd never roof a house again but I told my wife this evening I'm 100% positive I'm going to put the next roof on, I'm done hiring people and getting shoddy work. I've never put up a metal roof but I know I can do it better than if I paid someone else to do it.
At our old house we hired a guy to redo our shower, a week later I was cutting a hole in the dining room wall to repair a leak he caused. Then about a year and a half later the tile was leaking and caused a horrible oder in the bathroom. I ripped it all out re-did every thing he did and never had another issue with the shower and I had never done tile work in my life!

I came up with an idea last night. I'm pretty sure it will look good when I'm done. I'll have to do some experimenting when I get home. I don't feel like the guy is intentionally doing this, I just feel he's in over his head a little bit. I like him, he seems to bee a good guy, so I'm not gonna blow up on him I'm just a little disappointed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?