• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who's bright idea was it to bring EBOLA into the US?

Tallman

KW4YJ Honorary Member Silent Key
May 1, 2013
Louisville, KY
I can't believe some idiot let an Ebola infected person in to the United States. I took the wife to the DR. this morning because she is coughing and had a very slight fever. While sitting in the waiting room several people were really coughing hard and long and one young lady passed out from a lack of oxygen. She could not breath well enough to oxygenate her blood and passed out and fell out of her chair. The medical staff came out put her on a gurney and put one of the respirator mask on her and started pumping it. Mouth to mouth, not no but hell no.
While waiting we kept hearing the question, "Have you been to West Africa?" If Ebola escapes the Dallas area are we going to be safe? If the waiting rooms are like the one this morning I don't think so.
The nurse who took us back into the clinic kept asking "Have you been to West Africa."
It seems the medical professionals are spooked as well. I asked the Doctor are they prepared if they do get a infected patient, there was a long pause and he said "Procedures will be in place soon."
That was not much in the way of a comforting statement.

Mr. Duncan lied, so he single handedly decided to import that virus. I'm sure there are many lining up to do the same.

Experts have indicated that the virus now is capable of airborn infection. There are ~70 TX medical staff and others under observation because they are known to be at risk of exposure. I do not know the specific requirements for being classified as a possible airborn contagion, but a key phrase in the language is that it is not *yet* probable.

Another key here is that experts have identified weaponized attributes of this particular strain.

If you think a Hospital's primary objective is healthcare, that's is not true. It is a business that must generate a profit. Whatever protocols are needed, they are quick to being too little too late, and highly probable that the protocols are implemented in accordance with a business profit model.

Was it the head of the CDC that blatently blamed Nina Pham for a breach of protocol, resulting in her infection. I saw the nursing panel on TV, furious at the allegation and flat out said there was no PPE suitable for the task, and there are no procedures.

News headlines are stating health officials are now starting to implement procedures.

It is freaking joke. Buckle up!

Have you heard about the second nurse now that is infected, and unfortunately has already traveled this week on a commercial jetliner?

Who are these tools not controlling the situation there in TX? Why are they allowing anyone, especially the tending nurses, to tour the country?

I hate to post to the alphabet channels. Where did she go?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html

Last edited:
This chief tool, Dr. Daniel Varga needs to be removed from his position.

"I don't think we have a systematic institutional problem"

That hospital has a systemic institutional problem as demonstrated by their complete failure to manage three consecutive patients infected with Ebola. The management of this hospital presents a national security risk and needs to be dealt with by the appropriate authorities. They cannot even recognize their own failures.

I'm not spooked that easily but this ebola deal has me watching the news a LOT. All we heard a few months ago is how there could never an outbreak of the disease here and now there is. Unless they ban travel out of the infected countries we cant keep it out of the US. People connect from air carriers all over the world to come in to the US and our CBP folks are not trained medical professionals. I'm not too worried yet but this could get out of control real fast.

I spent two months in West Africa in the late 80's. Africa is hell hole of medical buffoonery and poor hygeine. With the 70% mortality rate the disease has now, Africa is going to be a less populated place before it's over with. People there are just barely out of the stone age and are not cooperating with medical officials there to help and most of them don't believe ebola exists. They think the US is infecting them and stealing their organs. It's freaking nuts.

We recently had an ebola scare in Cairns.A red cross nurse returned from west Africa after caring for ebola victims ..She was under a self imposed 3 week quarantine when she fell ill. Then the medical authorities then imposed full quarantine.Turned out she had the flue, but what the hell a bit late guys.Look at the news These returning medical staff are bringing the virus home all round the world.With modern air travel it is almost impossible to keep out the virus. But must we invite it in and give it the airfare? Note :now another possible case down the Gold coast, another nurse!!!!

Last edited:
Note :now another possible case down the Gold coast, another nurse!!!!

What is the Gold Coast? Is this reference to the second nurse, or a third nurse?

There is a Gold Coast on the West Coast...

I'm guessing that since vkrules is from Australia his reference to Gold Coast pertains to the city of Gold Coast which is on the east coast of Australia south of Brisbane. Maybe? I doubt he means the african Gold Coast which was the former name of Ghana West Africa.

IMO any health care worker or anyone else working directly with Ebola victims should be required to stay in mandatory quarantine for 21 days before being allowed to return to their home country. this BS simply leaving a village on Monday, catching a flight Tuesday night, and arriving back home on Wednesday.

IMO any health care worker or anyone else working directly with Ebola victims should be required to stay in mandatory quarantine for 21 days before being allowed to return to their home country. this BS simply leaving a village on Monday, catching a flight Tuesday night, and arriving back home on Wednesday.
I think it only makes sense to have them quarantined over there for 21 days there and then 21 days here. The problem they have now is that they should have gone a top notch "Trauma Center" like the one where Dr. Red Duke used to work in Houston. I know Dr. Duke would have kept all of that under control.

BTW, they also refer to the West Coast, in particular California, as the 'Gold Coast' because of the discovery of gold in 1849.

Think the real point here is to ask these questions: 'Why now, why in different locations, and is it a weaponized strain?" Forget about the rest of the hogwash and window dressing; the CDC and private research must know by now the virus pedigree and should consider reporting it.

I'm not spooked that easily but this ebola deal has me watching the news a LOT. All we heard a few months ago is how there could never an outbreak of the disease here and now there is. Unless they ban travel out of the infected countries we cant keep it out of the US. People connect from air carriers all over the world to come in to the US and our CBP folks are not trained medical professionals. I'm not too worried yet but this could get out of control real fast.

I spent two months in West Africa in the late 80's. Africa is hell hole of medical buffoonery and poor hygeine. With the 70% mortality rate the disease has now, Africa is going to be a less populated place before it's over with. People there are just barely out of the stone age and are not cooperating with medical officials there to help and most of them don't believe ebola exists. They think the US is infecting them and stealing their organs. It's freaking nuts.

Completely different world there isn't it? I spent a couple months there too in the summer/fall of 1983. Started in Europe then Morocco and Algeria for one reason and ended up in Senegal and Ghana for a couple months for a completely different reason. It really is mind boggling that they still think that medical workers are there to actually infect them with the disease. Their trust of white outsiders is quite low but considering the history of the region I can understand some of it. Not all but some. Thankfully when I was there we were treated with great respect as the areas we were in were used to relief agencies and medical personnel showing respect and thus earned respect back. I had heard a lot of horror stories however and it seems that nothing has changed in the 30+ years since.

I think they know the details and may have reason not to report them.

I just take viruses very seriously, especially when they cross to the animal population and may be air-born infectious.

And yes, I am considering the West Coast California, their super population densities and habits of those peoples.

BTW, they also refer to the West Coast, in particular California, as the 'Gold Coast' because of the discovery of gold in 1849.

Think the real point here is to ask these questions: 'Why now, why in different locations, and is it a weaponized strain?" Forget about the rest of the hogwash and window dressing; the CDC and private research must know by now the virus pedigree and should consider reporting it.

I dismissed California as being the Gold Coast in question because vkrules was talking about a nurse in Cairns Australia and then made reference to "another nurse" down the Gold Coast.

I have to wonder who came up with the term "weaponized strain" and why? Was it simply because it appears to be able to spread by air? To me "weaponized" means an intentional attempt to mutate, grow, and package something like this for deployment. All too often the latest and greatest buzz words come from MSM without any basis or foundation of fact other than "it sounds good".

I do not have a source, but can investigate. I think reference to a weaponized virus would show specific DNA traits (or DNA chains/strings) that are known and so highly improbable to have evolved/occurred naturally.

It does sound fantastic.

There are now reports of two completely separate strains in completely different regions in Africa. Suspected origins are some sort of fruit bat. Could it be, the source virus was cultivated in one region, and then evolved in another where it got out of control?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated