• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why echo?

Around here in north Alabama, it is not echo that is the problem, it is the idiots that can figure out how to turn on the radio and key the mic. I have never heard so many retards in my life that get on the radio and talk to themselves. I would rather listen to someone with a little echo than most that can figure out how to turn on the radio.

2 minutes and 10 seconds of two bone heads repeating their locations to each over and over. The other station did say he "got down" which back in the 80's was slang for dancing. Why was he dancing and talking on the radio..lol I'm glad dodgem mentioned he was using echo at the end...I could hardly tell :whistle:

Classic CB skip talk. Why can't they have a normal conversation? So many questions and so few answers.

Don't forget....those on the CB during skip that repeat stuff like "no doubt about it", "I'm back quiet" or better yet "Bye bye-bye Bye!"

But remember folks....no CB radio is complete unless it has echo, roger beep and no less than 2 noise toys. p.s. the RF limited turbo echo is great for the CB rambos to keep repeating themselves over and over and over and over...

Echo....my radio has a button for it?? Once in a while I screw up and it gets depressed.....and it makes my radio sound depressed?? I talked to 42 division a few weeks ago and the poor sucker never told me the darn thing was on!!! Bet he might think twice taking my call again!?
Noise toys of any type are a waste of wire and buttons/switches/solder.!!!
Anyone that thinks they sound cool should have to listen to themselves for a hour or two. The really sound like crap on AM and worse on ssb. Roger beeps were used at one time but they now are a pain....even bigger pain with headphones on, working ssb Dx. Ihad the opportunity to turn on 19 today....needed local info..except for the one or two that tried to help me......it was a waste of time....noise toys are not cool EXCEPT.....anything that can make my singing sound like Elvis.....that would not be a toy?

I need some help in understanding here. Why echo? What is the purpose of it?..........

So I ask the question..... why?

You want a serious answer? Well, you would have to drive long haul truck for a significant number of years of your life to ever understand fully, which I have done, and during the years the echo, roger beep and the creaking bed springs and aroused woman gasping sounds first appeared. To be roaring down the highway late at night and hear these things coming from my radio on long lonely nights, fighting white line fever, well, the answer is deceptively simple. We did it from boredom, to relieve mind numbingly, baboon shrieking, insane making, boredom. Some of the sounds coming from my radio could make me go into fits of roaring laughter for a half hour at a time. They can wake you up, keep you going, help you make a schedule, help you make the next truck payment, just fight the boredom of the open road. That was reason enough.

If you don't like them, don't listen, it's not all about you, they are for other truckers enjoyment and pleasure. Some guys express themselves with a roger beep, others go into forums and complain about it.

You want a serious answer? Well, you would have to drive long haul truck for a significant number of years of your life to ever understand fully, which I have done, and during the years the echo, roger beep and the creaking bed springs and aroused woman gasping sounds first appeared. To be roaring down the highway late at night and hear these things coming from my radio on long lonely nights, fighting white line fever, well, the answer is deceptively simple. We did it from boredom, to relieve mind numbingly, baboon shrieking, insane making, boredom. Some of the sounds coming from my radio could make me go into fits of roaring laughter for a half hour at a time. They can wake you up, keep you going, help you make a schedule, help you make the next truck payment, just fight the boredom of the open road. That was reason enough.

And that is the type of answer I was looking for.

If you don't like them, don't listen, it's not all about you, they are for other truckers enjoyment and pleasure. Some guys express themselves with a roger beep, others go into forums and complain about it.

And you need to be a jerk too huh. I only asked the question because I wanted to know why people used echo. Apparently people took it as an attack on CBer's from the elitist ham, sorry if that was the impression given.

What makes you think I was talking to or about you? Did you read any other reoplies in this thread? :whistle:

Read the post just above my first one. I added to mine in answer to that.

But, since you brought it up, I quit coming to this forum months ago because of some people here with an eletist ham attitude, after I posted a picture of my export radio and someone, I forget who, posted within muntes telling me it was an illegal radio.

Looks like I came back too soon.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated