• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why is it a 10K world?(mobile)

jessejamesdallas said:
Nothing compares to a coily :guitar !
44096bb0.jpg

It's a coily world!

Maybe...except "Predator 10K"...$100 for a Dual Coil, Coily?
You can get a Predator 10K single coil, or dual coil for the same price as the Coily single coil! Or less! And try to find a "un-happy" 10K owner. :LOL: aint gona happen. ;)

-IT'S STILL A 10K WORLD-
Jesse, most people think that the most expensive antenna will be the best because it costs more. They couldn't be more wrong. Kale

10k223 said:
jessejamesdallas said:
Nothing compares to a coily :guitar !
44096bb0.jpg

It's a coily world!

Maybe...except "Predator 10K"...$100 for a Dual Coil, Coily?
You can get a Predator 10K single coil, or dual coil for the same price as the Coily single coil! Or less! And try to find a "un-happy" 10K owner. :LOL: aint gona happen. ;)

-IT'S STILL A 10K WORLD-
Jesse, most people think that the most expensive antenna will be the best because it costs more. They couldn't be more wrong. Kale

Hope your doing good kale,Just saying hello :D and i think your a great guy and an antenna hero!So anyway the day will come when we can meet and shake hands so i wish you the best and Thank you amen!..Well i am back out, and get over that fact that you can huff and puff but you can't hurt..Coily the antenna Man!! 73ssss
And my prices are fine! I check the web all the time, in fact i am 10.00 to 15.00 less most of the time,So if you buy direct just let me know, i can play the price game and the old rope a dope.And hope and hope,But i don't see the point,Why if i wanted to work 60 hour+ a week then i would Drop the price!
Well i could go all night must be the fact the my paypal is ringing and that my freind is a fact!73ssss Kale i actually do like you for some dang reason?Oh well anyway keep up the good work...Coily and its wife and kids time.... :LOL:
Oh one other thing just so you know i have a few new dealers that like me and my trucker antenna a-lot more than yours now! And a 50 bucks each out the door i don't think there all that much more.DANG JUST KINDA ROLLS OUT THE FINGERS...Peace-Coily-busten-a-move!
CDX418..WWW.MRCOILY.COM
4d7f42e0.gif

cbshack said:
Dan, you are a funny guy. I am sure both you and Kale make a fine antenna. Competition is good for us consumers. Good luck to you both.
Thanks ;) I am a real good guy i like to play just like the rest.I build perfect antennas now not that heavy not to tall not to spendy at all!! and it will come around.Anyway have a great day gota go play!

The 10K is a good antenna for most applications, :D however in my opinion lighter construction and set screws aren't always the best for what some people are doing. ;)

Hey bcrewcaptain,
I cant add to much to everything that has been said. I have quite a few wilsons and a few 10 k's but do not have the #'s for comparison. both antennas are good. I also like the 102 SS whip but just hate hearing the twang off it hitting everywhere i went. Right now im getting ready to install a single coil 10 k on the right mirror of my truck. Most times it comes down to personnal preferance. Some like there coily's some like the 55's some like there swingblades,102's, 10k's and wilsons. They are all great antennas. Right now my favorite is my 10k dual coil with the stinger in it horizontal. Some people call it the 10k flatside. Its really not a flatside antenna, still tranmits verticle but to me there was a drop in what I consider white noise. Now to me it comes back to that personnal preferance thing ;) CB=Constantly Buying :)

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
mrcoily said:
cbshack said:
Dan, you are a funny guy. I am sure both you and Kale make a fine antenna. Competition is good for us consumers. Good luck to you both.
Thanks ;) I am a real good guy i like to play just like the rest.I build perfect antennas now not that heavy not to tall not to spendy at all!! and it will come around.Anyway have a great day gota go play!
Coily, thanks for the compliment. About the price game, I haven't sold direct to an indivudal in a long time. Due to a heavy work load, I only have time to sell to three of my distributors and 14 dealers. When someone calls me and wants to order an antenna, I tell them that they can get it faster from one of my distributors or dealers. I'm 66 years and don't really need all that money for my products. I sell to dealers and distributors and what they charge for the antennas is up to them. I have nothing to do with what they price them at. Some of them price them too high($100) which is too much. I don't need dealers like this. It looks bad on me. It makes it look like I am the one that's "PROUD" of my antenna. I let my customers decide on that.
Speaking of prices, I have a dealer that has the two coils priced at $ 64.95 and the single coil at $54.95. He's working my butt off. He believes in selling like Wal-Mart, in volume. Price them so that everyone can buy one instesd of just some of them. Look how Wal-Mart got to be as big as they are. Anyone intreasted in knowing which one it is, email me at cowtown10k@msn.com.
I have very little help and he is very limited to what I let him do. I have some help coming. I sell an average of 2500 antennas a year and is growing more all the time. I do 90% of the work. My day starts at 5:00 in the morning and by the time I answer my email every night it is around 11:30 12:00 before I get to lay down. Note the time I make these posts. Some of you young guys need to follow me around from start to end of the day and I guarantee you will sleep on your own side of the bed. I don't work as much on Sunday as I do on the other 6. My wife is off on Sunday and I usually take 1/2 a day to go out and eat with her.
I've done the best I can do with the 10K and always looking for ways to make it better. I have made a lot of changes to make it better in construction but it is very much today as it was 9 years ago. I try not to "BRAG" on the 10K but it started out performing well from the start and from what I am told, it still is with very little changes in the design of it. I have come down on the price and up with improvements and I don't know what else to do. Kale

Kale~that was the answer I was looking for, not only a good product, but the customer service behind it, realistically I would buy an inferior product with good service than a great product that nobody backed up, good to see there is a little of both in your world...and yes...as soon as I get the shorter shaft...I'll be putting the 10K on the car.......thanks, Jeff

Devildog said:
Hey bcrewcaptain,
I cant add to much to everything that has been said. I have quite a few wilsons and a few 10 k's but do not have the #'s for comparison. both antennas are good. I also like the 102 SS whip but just hate hearing the twang off it hitting everywhere i went. Right now im getting ready to install a single coil 10 k on the right mirror of my truck. Most times it comes down to personnal preferance. Some like there coily's some like the 55's some like there swingblades,102's, 10k's and wilsons. They are all great antennas. Right now my favorite is my 10k dual coil with the stinger in it horizontal. Some people call it the 10k flatside. Its really not a flatside antenna, still tranmits verticle but to me there was a drop in what I consider white noise. Now to me it comes back to that personnal preferance thing ;) CB=Constantly Buying :)
Devildog, You don't have "A" antenna, you have 4. You have a horizontal and you can make it a single coil vertical, a two coil verticle and a single coil horizontal. You cant do this with an antenna that won't come apart. Kale

smalltiredart said:
The 10K is a good antenna for most applications, :D however in my opinion lighter construction and set screws aren't always the best for what some people are doing. ;)
smalltiredart, I don't understand what you mean by set screws. Kale

smalltiredart said:
I ment how the coil is held to the shaft.
smalltiredart, whats wrong with the way the coil is held to the shaft? It's taking 15kw and not even warming up. I guarantee it not to come loose. A welded coil doesn't work any better than the 10K. I designed it that way so it can be replaced if it is damaged so the whole antenna won't be a total loss and besides, the coil isn't held to the shaft by set screws. It's held to the insulator with set screws that won't come out. The 10K is not a pressed together antenna. Who want's a heavy antenna? When I first started building the 10K, I used a lot of screws standing out on the outside. The "BIG" boys told me that there was too many screws in it. The only way I knew to build a feather light antenna was to machine it out and screw it together. It doesn't have to be a heavy antenna to take a lot of watts. Kale

Ive ran 2000 watts AVG 4000w+ peak through 2 I-10K's spaced 6' apart and i have never had 1 single problem:)
Best mobile antennas i have ever owned...

AM POWER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned