• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why is it a 10K world?(mobile)

Well of what i know 197..
The 5000 can handel more power..and has a lot bigger guage copper coil in the plastic housing than the 2000...
-The mag mount 5000 comes with mini 8 coax compared to the mag 2000 that has the rg59u...(the mini8 is alot better coax)

Hope that helps a little??:)

AM POWER

Welded vrs screwed.

smalltiredart said:
I ment how the coil is held to the shaft.
Hello i built A srewed together antenna in the past they worked fine they were totally interchangeable and all that :roll:,The problem i had with them was they can loosen and split/crack right were the set screws were tapped out,And nobody up here wants an antenna thats not welded so thats the reason mine are welded,thats what they want that what i give them.As far as weight goes! my new dx antenna the weight is not an issue Plenty light less than a truck stop antenna,actually i just changes a set out on a kenworth with them new cobra coil antenna things{yucky} he had on there were like lead very heavy large plastic peices of horse pucky to be nice.Mine do have solid shafts and that adds weight but also would like to add :!: twice as strong as any tubing antenna.I am putting together some pictures of this and what a cement block does to tubing compared to solid meterials,I have fixed many monkeymades and a few 10ks,because of people just running under a brach or a low over hange.And tubing likes to just bend over into a nice crease,once that happens i usally spin a new end out of some 6061 and Tig it back on to the shaft with a new stainless stud ;) works good.Try wacking a cement pillar with a solid shafted coily you wont break it you might bend it a little but it wont collaps over like tubing has to.Mine have been tested well over 20kw dead key also with no heating of the antenna,Lets see mine has only 2 connection points there welded!Um the isolator are pressed over not insurted like my mega coil were,Thats why they would seperate? they were pressed into the inside of the tubing and would eventually resize itself and the isolators would slowly slide out,That cant happen now there no way they will come off i have tryed only to ruin the antenna in the prossess!What i use now are a proven designs that i used on my very first antennas that had bolted coils.Those antennas that are 7+ years old now and still are roaming the roads,One driver i know has been running a old bolted trucker flat coily for over million miles on there peterbuilt! and have never had it off,not 1/2 inch ice,roads from hell or wear and tear have hurt that one!I personally belive with all the changes my new antennas are the finest out there.So the point is i guess do you want bullet proof litteraly with a bit of added weight?Or as light as possible.I am not trying to make a pissing match but i can see where this was heading.
73sss It's a new coily world!
I am back!If totaly solid antennas are your thing that can take a serious tree branch attack i am your man!Seriously If you can hurt my DX coil antennas?in your everyday driving duty,I have another one waiting to replace it with. I guarantee all my antennas.

1-503-930-6007..Dan

CDX197...Go to the section on the forum here that is the guy to tak to for a P10K antenna!!!
Very easy to talk to guy!!
give him a call and ask all and any questions about his antennas
hes got the answers!!
And the antennas!!

Hope that helped a little??? :)

AM POWER

yeah AM power it helps. But my luck today we had a auction 30 feet away and thier was a motor cycle/Dirt bike and i bought it. Think the motor might have to be rebuilt. :cry: Dont know if its worth it. But i know one thing i got sun burned bad :x later CDX197

Re: Welded vrs screwed.

mrcoily said:
smalltiredart said:
I ment how the coil is held to the shaft.
Hello i built A srewed together antenna in the past they worked fine they were totally interchangeable and all that :roll:,The problem i had with them was they can loosen and split/crack right were the set screws were tapped out,And nobody up here wants an antenna thats not welded so thats the reason mine are welded,thats what they want that what i give them.As far as weight goes! my new dx antenna the weight is not an issue Plenty light less than a truck stop antenna,actually i just changes a set out on a kenworth with them new cobra coil antenna things{yucky} he had on there were like lead very heavy large plastic peices of horse pucky to be nice.Mine do have solid shafts and that adds weight but also would like to add :!: twice as strong as any tubing antenna.I am putting together some pictures of this and what a cement block does to tubing compared to solid meterials,I have fixed many monkeymades and a few 10ks,because of people just running under a brach or a low over hange.And tubing likes to just bend over into a nice crease,once that happens i usally spin a new end out of some 6061 and Tig it back on to the shaft with a new stainless stud ;) works good.Try wacking a cement pillar with a solid shafted coily you wont break it you might bend it a little but it wont collaps over like tubing has to.Mine have been tested well over 20kw dead key also with no heating of the antenna,Lets see mine has only 2 connection points there welded!Um the isolator are pressed over not insurted like my mega coil were,Thats why they would seperate? they were pressed into the inside of the tubing and would eventually resize itself and the isolators would slowly slide out,That cant happen now there no way they will come off i have tryed only to ruin the antenna in the prossess!What i use now are a proven designs that i used on my very first antennas that had bolted coils.Those antennas that are 7+ years old now and still are roaming the roads,One driver i know has been running a old bolted trucker flat coily for over million miles on there peterbuilt! and have never had it off,not 1/2 inch ice,roads from hell or wear and tear have hurt that one!I personally belive with all the changes my new antennas are the finest out there.So the point is i guess do you want bullet proof litteraly with a bit of added weight?Or as light as possible.I am not trying to make a pissing match but i can see where this was heading.
73sss It's a new coily world!
I am back!If totaly solid antennas are your thing that can take a serious tree branch attack i am your man!Seriously If you can hurt my DX coil antennas?in your everyday driving duty,I have another one waiting to replace it with. I guarantee all my antennas.

1-503-930-6007..Dan
to start with to make it very clear this is not kale this is cowboy4570 his pc has been down is why he has not been online now to get to the fun stuff

coily in your pissing match you shouldnt piss in the wind your getting all wet
as for trees and cement blocks most people i know buy antenna's to talk on not beat on trees and cement blocks

as for the pete you claim has had the antenna on for over 1million miles i say you been pissing in the wind again

now about the tapped parts that cracked when you tapped them try using good parts and listen more and stop running your mouth so much you might learn something

now ask your self why doesnt kale get as long winded as you do well people buying the 10k knows what there getting he doesnt need to run his mouth to sell his antennas we all do the selling for him thats what happens when you have people very happy with the antenna

but like you said your not here for a pissing match so stop pissing in the wind

have a great night
cowboy4570

i would say the 10k is pretty strong ask charlie his tripple mag came off at over 80mph smashing the mag and shearing the mount, dammage to 10k a scuffed coil and a scrape on the hex at the bottom of shaft, nothing came loose on the 10k nothing bent and it still works as it did before, was he just lucky? yes he was, I HATE TREES THAT OVERHANG ROADS.

Re: Welded vrs screwed.

Ok cowboy you want to be funny? I ain't pissing in any wind storms! and i am selling so get off your high horse i have customers none in here at the moment but i will take care of that,nothing personal but the 10k is not that great i could pick it apart and i will put my coily against it not even worried about it,i know mines better and so do alot of others and you will see that soon enough.Obviously you did not understand the post,So now you get to see what long winded is all about as you seem to be having a problem with facts and fiction,Number one,I would prefer to piss in the wind then squate to pee,cowgirl style:)Number 2 i was only stating facts and i will go ahead and post a picture of the million mile antenna and mount,so you can see you don't have to belive it but it's the truth!Number3,about the cement blocks and wacking trees,i don't know about you but we have trees and Hundreds of miles of tree filled logging roads up here so your more than welcome to follow me with your tincker toy antenna we will see how yours 10k holds up yeah any antenna will last on a flat road everyday,I use my truck and i don't take my coily off just because there a low branch but i know for a fact that 10k will bend over because i tested one that's also why i know mine are better.Now i am getting sick of the personal attacks and i find it very un-cool,i am going to leave this alone for now as its a pointless pissing match your right about that! And as i am out numbered in here i cannot win the battle alone,so i will now bring in backup to keep you and your followers in check!that's if they clear the registration and are accepted for membership.Thats all i have to say for now i hope that makes you happy. as there are many good coily customers out there and i am sick of all your guys constant Babble.Take it over to THE CB-RETARDS now that were you belong.I have a member ship:) there retards i talk with them all..LOL..

Let me add this
[/quote]
now about the tapped parts that cracked when you tapped them try using good parts and listen more and stop running your mouth so much you might learn something[/quote]

I was stating facts about my antennas and what i had run into! the parts were fine the people beating the parts to death were not fine,They were made from a harder and more brittle meterial 2011 hexagon,when tapped the wall thickness was to thin and hence cracked under abusive use,There are many still in use to this day with out failure 6-7 years old and that is a fact.Now i can go for hours so i am just going to stop and let it be,but i am now a bit hot under the collar...And will be looking forward to a long nasty drawn out fight.

Listen very carefully to this part, i am not out here to create problems but you all seem to like to start fights why is that?
I have been in here trying my best to answer post and help people out,,,,But you know what how about you just kiss my @$$ as i don't answer to you all! i answer to a higher power and he will judge you one day.So think about that when you want to start a pissing match,And for kale and his antenna yeah there all that to many of you anyway.Over here your out of line and me and my buddies we just laugh and laugh its not about the 10k it about the facts,and the truth will be told and for that i can promise,as i will open the flood gates and you my little freind can have at it.I apolagize in advanced for this as i tryed to keep it clean,i try and help and answer questions and i think its a terrible thing,being attacked that is what you all are best at not building or selling but placing false facts,but i guess that what the forum wants.SO-BE-IT!! You all better hope i never go full time into building antennas!!!It just a little play thing right now but just playing i build the Best,The qaulity is top notch the antennas kick butt!!Get in line it truth time!!

WWW.MRCOILY.COM,,,CDX418
It's a New Coily World

One other thing {10k223}HOw come your not Kale?when theres a bunch of posts in the predator section with kales name on them under this user name????10k223???? Heres one from a little earlier
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10k223
New Member 1st Class Joined: 10 Apr 2005

{CDX424 wrote:}
Answer you e-mail Kale, thank you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Busted!!!!!!!Now we see how you are!Here is the direct link.
http://forum.worldwidedx.com/viewtopic.php?t=6717
Whos pissing up whos skirt!!!Thanks have a nice night.

I have copied this and printed it also just incase you guys want to delete the thread.

thats funny

cowboy here again
now go back and check the times of the posts

{10k223 wrote}I've had computer problems and couldn't get back on line until today. --->Kale<---

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Busted!!!!!!!Now we see how you are!Here is the direct link.
http://forum.worldwidedx.com/viewtopic.php?t=6717
Whos pissing up whos skirt!!!Thanks have a nice night.

I have copied this and printed it also just incase you guys want to delete the thread.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:37 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CDX424 wrote:
Answer you e-mail Kale, thank you.
I've had computer problems and couldn't get back on line until today. Kale

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the post i made
to start with to make it very clear this is not kale this is cowboy4570 his pc has been down is why he has not been online now to get to the fun stuff

lets not for get the time and date
Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:18 pm cowboy4570's post
Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:37 pm 10k223's post
HMMMM BUSTED I THINK NOT seems to be over 2 hours after i fixed his computer :LOL:

hello coily, i am in no way knocking your new antennas i am 3000+ miles from you guys and as yet no coilys have made it to yorkshire england as such i am in no position to comment on your product but i can comment on the 10k because i have two of them and my buddy has one, so far we have had no problems at all, they seem strong and light and work better than anything we can buy in the uk that you can actually use when mobile, i wont say one product is better than another unless i have tested it myself, i am a skeptic not a follower of fashion, i take all the magic antenna hype with a pinch of salt and theres plenty of that to wade through around the forums, dont take me defending my 10k as a personal attack on your antennas ( its not ) we all know there will always be heated debate over cb products with all parties thinking they are right thats just how it is in cb land, good luck with your new range of products, 73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.