• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why is it a 10K world?(mobile)

bcrewcaptain

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Central Va
Ok, this question has been haunting me forever...
What is it really that sets the 10K above all? Obviously build quality and customer service...but what will I really gain over my current wilson 1000, or the 102"?
how can a loaded coil be better than a 102" with the proper mounts/grounding?
fill be in guys....MUST.....HAVE......KNOWLEDGE

bcrewcaptain,
First off sorry to hear that it has been "haunting" you for years.
The 10K just keeps the "mudducks" covered in more mud!

But seriously tho, of the other two antenna's that you mention above, in most cases work just as good as the 10K - probably.

The Wilson, 102" & 10K are all close, just really depends on how and where they are mounted on each vechicle.......I guess!

I have had a 10K on the roof of my F 150 for about 1 1/2 years now, it seems to work good, but does it work better than a Wilson or 102"? I don't know the answer to that yet.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I have all 3 . All work great . Ive had problems with high SWR's and tuning 102" in the past . The Wilson 1000 Magmount tune good . The 10K with a 27" shaft tune great . Can I tell any difference between the 3 ...not really . Its all in preference. I think the guy's who run alot of power like the 10K because they tune so well . Just my .02

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
10kstick1un.jpg

10kstick19fv.jpg

bcrew on the roof of my car the 22" 10k beats the wilson 5000 both stationary and while driving, the 10k is just beaten while stationary by my 102" but on the move the 10k beats the 102" because it rides much more vertical, my 10k tunes better than either the wilson or the 102", its the same for charlie oscar with his 27" 10k/wilson 2000/102" antennas but on his larger roofed car the 27" and 102" are too close while stationary to pick a definate winner.

Comparing the Predator 10K, to a Wilson 1000, is likw comparing apples to grape's! Not even close, to a even match...

Comparing the 10K to a Monkey Made, would be a better comparison...But untill it comes to weight...then it's hand's down "10K World". These two are about the same as for as performence go's, but have to give 10K the edge, sence it weigh's just ounces, over the Monkeys pounds...

Most that think the 102'' whip is better, or the Wilson's, probley never tryed a 10K, or give it a fair try.

On some cars and trucks, the shorter shaft 10K's seem not to do to well....but the 27''shaft antennas seem to do the best.(or the 22'' shaft, not much difference in over the 27'')

Disavantage on the 10K? only thing that comes to mind is, it's a little eye catching, so you may need to watch where you park! 8)

bcrewcaptain said:
Ok, this question has been haunting me forever...
What is it really that sets the 10K above all? Obviously build quality and customer service...but what will I really gain over my current wilson 1000, or the 102"?
how can a loaded coil be better than a 102" with the proper mounts/grounding?
fill be in guys....MUST.....HAVE......KNOWLEDGE
Nothing compares to a coily :guitar !
44096bb0.jpg

It's a coily world!

44096bb0.jpg

It's a coily world!

Maybe...except "Predator 10K"...$100 for a Dual Coil, Coily?
You can get a Predator 10K single coil, or dual coil for the same price as the Coily single coil! Or less! And try to find a "un-happy" 10K owner. :LOL: aint gona happen. ;)

-IT'S STILL A 10K WORLD-

jessejamesdallas said:
44096bb0.jpg

It's a coily world!

Maybe...except "Predator 10K"...$100 for a Dual Coil, Coily?
You can get a Predator 10K single coil, or dual coil for the same price as the Coily single coil! Or less! And try to find a "un-happy" 10K owner. :LOL: aint gona happen. ;)

-IT'S STILL A 10K WORLD-

Thats cool if he wants to give them away :( ,I don't have to throw mine away! Still shipping them almost everyday....And with the list i have for my Enforcer base !@#$ i am not worried so have a good day :eek: jessejamesdallas! And i catch you on 6 where the big boys play,,,I am a poet and you don't know it!
It's still a coily world over here!!!
4f3f4420.jpg

Peace and best wishes to you and yours :) as we get ready for the summer DX sport :naughty :guitar ....Peace-COILY-Bustin-Out!! www.mrcoily.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.