• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wind farm to be built next to my place

View attachment 26100
Behind my house to the south where wind tower will set..
That is a good photo - You can almost walk up to it and pet it.

You don't usually see a Big bird like that hanging around in open field unless they're working on the packaging for the Carryout - Take out special of the day...I imagine it got what it wanted and just waited for it to stop moving...so (it) could take home a fresh meal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
I get shots like that lotsnof times andy,the 2 that lite in my tree dont get excited when i walk about.i do toss stuff up on the tree they eat n they just set n watch.we got my corn picked n they moved in n thatb1 isnt from the pair that roost in my yard.
Magnificent sight to see them fly up too

I feel left out, all we have around here is black birds and buzzards. And swamp, lots of swamp around here. I’ll trade you a few thousand mosquitoes and a baby gator for an eagle or two.

LOL
And I have a bunch of pigeons (they poop everywhere) and a morning dove intent on waking up the neighborhood at daybreak each morning.

The eagle doesn't have to live here; just fly by once so I can see one. :)

Last edited:
We have hawks over by us, and it's when you are awakened to a cacophony of noisy chirping and signing - suddenly cut quiet...

That's when you can look up in one of the many oak trees we have around here and see a hawk looking back down towards the sources of noise.

They are quite beneficial - they get a lot of Voles and Moles and other such 'oles - they do a job - and quite well.

The wife and I went on the eagle cruise out on the "Land between the lakes"
I had a brand new Nikon camera and did not get many good shots. We went either too early or late in the season. I did see one eagle swoop in and snag a fish out of the lake.
Majestic birds.

Come go with me to Dollywood, they got a whole bunch of them in a huge preserve. We can get all of them we want, probably not that hard to stick them under your jacket.

Reactions: Rwb and Tallman
O

...edit...Called mo conservation dept n was told "its a trade off for the betterment of our enviroment"...More of our double standards our government pokes down our throats

Err, No , it's not.

You are dealing with the wrong government agency.

The Mo conservation dept is in clear violation of FEDERAL law

The agency you need to contact is the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
https://www.fws.gov/midwest/eagle/protect/laws.html

Federal Laws that Protect Bald Eagles
Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act
The bald eagle will continue to be protected by the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act even though it has been delisted under the Endangered Species Act. This law, originally passed in 1940, provides for the protection of the bald eagle and the golden eagle (as amended in 1962) by prohibiting the take, possession, sale, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, of any bald or golden eagle, alive or dead, including any part, nest, or egg, unless allowed by permit
intree.jpg
(16 U.S.C. 668(a); 50 CFR 22). "Take" includes pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb (16 U.S.C. 668c; 50 CFR 22.3). The 1972 amendments increased civil penalties for violating provisions of the Act to a maximum fine of $5,000 or one year imprisonment with $10,000 or not more than two years in prison for a second conviction. Felony convictions carry a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years of imprisonment. The fine doubles for an organization. Rewards are provided for information leading to arrest and conviction for violation of the Act.

Be sure to read and understand 16 U.S.C. 668(a); 50 CFR 22
Now go get your reward!!!!

Come go with me to Dollywood, they got a whole bunch of them in a huge preserve. We can get all of them we want, probably not that hard to stick them under your jacket.
Probably would not be much left of us! Those birds can kick yous ass. I saw a trainer get shredded by a bird. For some reason this bird was pissed and it seemed to be focused on the trainer. He got hit a bunch of times by the wings and then the bird Pecked him and drew lots of blood.

Err, No , it's not.

You are dealing with the wrong government agency.

The Mo conservation dept is in clear violation of FEDERAL law

The agency you need to contact is the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
https://www.fws.gov/midwest/eagle/protect/laws.html

Federal Laws that Protect Bald Eagles
Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act
The bald eagle will continue to be protected by the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act even though it has been delisted under the Endangered Species Act. This law, originally passed in 1940, provides for the protection of the bald eagle and the golden eagle (as amended in 1962) by prohibiting the take, possession, sale, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, of any bald or golden eagle, alive or dead, including any part, nest, or egg, unless allowed by permit
intree.jpg
(16 U.S.C. 668(a); 50 CFR 22). "Take" includes pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb (16 U.S.C. 668c; 50 CFR 22.3). The 1972 amendments increased civil penalties for violating provisions of the Act to a maximum fine of $5,000 or one year imprisonment with $10,000 or not more than two years in prison for a second conviction. Felony convictions carry a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years of imprisonment. The fine doubles for an organization. Rewards are provided for information leading to arrest and conviction for violation of the Act.

Be sure to read and understand 16 U.S.C. 668(a); 50 CFR 22
Now go get your reward!!!!
That is part of being a good citizen. I get infuriated when people refuse to tell the cops who did it and you know damn well they know. They say "Snitches get stitches."
People who do not take ownership of their destiny are destined to be victims forever.

Last edited:
Probably would not be much left of us! Those birds can kick yous ass. I saw a trainer get shredded by a bird. For some reason this bird was pissed and it seemed to be focused on the trainer. He got hit a bunch of times by the wings and then the bird Pecked him and drew lots of blood.

Oh come on now, live a little, be adventurous! Last time I was there, man those things were bigger than expected. I was surprised they were so big.

Reactions: Rwb and Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.