• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Winter is coming!!!

Winter is here. -12 C outside this morning. No idea what that is in Fahrenheit but it's cold, damn cold !

I am in Green Bay this week, trying to get home. The 6am flight was cancelled this morning after we sat on the plane for an hour. Our connecting flight in Chicago to Baltimore was wishful thinking as they were not taking any inbound planes. Spent all morning on the phone with the travel agent who would book a new flight only to have it cancelled before we were done talking. Ended up with a flight tomorrow morning at 7:45am and now we are going to get 10 to 15 inches overnight......

Blizzard warning issued for Green bay area; 10-15 inches of snow in forecast; list of closings​

Tempted to drive the rental home....

Looks like after Sunday we say goodbye to the 30s and get more normal for awhile in January Highs in the 20s Lows in the Teens Fahrenheit. but that is only suppose to be about a week. You just never know what Mother Nature will dish out anymore. LOL

Last night was rough. Temp dropped to 16F with 40mph winds. Worked til 11 pm outside getting the lights back on. Of course the winds took down a tree in an easement (not truck accessible). Was in my hooks on poles for a few hours. Happy to get home to a hot shower and warm bed.
It's dropping to -11 tonight with a high of 1 tomorrow.. overtime $ is great but if the phone doesn't ring tonight or tomorrow I won't complain.

Last night was rough. Temp dropped to 16F with 40mph winds. Worked til 11 pm outside getting the lights back on. Of course the winds took down a tree in an easement (not truck accessible). Was in my hooks on poles for a few hours. Happy to get home to a hot shower and warm bed.
It's dropping to -11 tonight with a high of 1 tomorrow.. overtime $ is great but if the phone doesn't ring tonight or tomorrow I won't complain.
I know your pain and glad I retired from the maintenance field. Years of doing all the crap others don't want to after a storm. I use to laugh and tell the guys don't talk about hookers. ( Look at what we do to make a buck ) LOL

Reactions: S&W357
Talk about crazy, starting Monday we go back into the 30s-40s with rain and possibly might reach 50 next Friday. If it does I might have to take the motorcycle out to get lunch. If the anti-skid is washed of the road enough !

@ForestRunner98
How are you holding up down there?
Across the state I see appox 46,000 people have no power so far and this is ramping up.
We are getting 45-55 mph winds and very heavy rain here, we still have power so far.

Jeff
Been watching and seems like you guys out there are getting the old 1-2 punch out there in the weather dept. but good to see your reservoirs are filling back up again. I can remember back in the early 70s you had some of the nicest weather out there. Seems as if Mother Nature is being a Major Bitch for you lately. Hang Tuff !

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Been watching and seems like you guys out there are getting the old 1-2 punch out there in the weather dept. but good to see your reservoirs are filling back up again. I can remember back in the early 70s you had some of the nicest weather out there. Seems as if Mother Nature is being a Major Bitch for you lately. Hang Tuff !
It's really wet plumes of moisture being pumped up out of the pacific by low pressure sitting off the coast.
We have been getting lots of rain and some winds, but it's a warm storm for this time of year.
Forest runner, Mole and the guy's down south are likely getting much worse than we are, the rotation is pulling the worst right across the top of him.

Jeff

Reactions: whiteastro
Getting hammered with rain here and the snow is piling up in the high county.
They have 201" of base at Kirkwood, operations had to shovel under the chair lift it's so deep.......

Jeff
dig out lift.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.