• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WM-1 meter

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
so i just pick up this meter. went to the eham.net website it seems this is a very close to the accuracy meter as the $500.00 one's anyone here ever owns one
can tell me about the plus and minuses of it if any will look good on top of my ft-101-e

Attachments

• wm-1.jpg
    wm-1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 30
  • wm-2.jpg
    wm-2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 29
  • wm-3.jpg
    wm-3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 31

That is a great meter, I have 3 of them. I put an RF tap for my scope in the little box on one of them.
it doesn't come with the power adapter but i see that the center is negative and the outer is positive i found an adapter 12v at 1amp have to reverse the wires

I think I bought one of the last ones he sold before going out of business. It's a lighted white face as well with the reversed power on the pin. It has been a reliable meter for me and is peak reading. The bulbs went out and I replace them with LED types, but that's the only issue I have had with it.
I believe it was based on the Heathkit meter. 2140?

Some more info

I own Three of the WM-1 meters. Calibrate them & they stay calibrated. I have been using them for 20 years or more & for HF it's my Go To wattmeter. It's only good for 100 watts on 6 meters or I'd use one there as well. The Black Face model is the original model & the rest were white faced.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
it doesn't come with the power adapter but i see that the center is negative and the outer is positive i found an adapter 12v at 1amp have to reverse the wires
Depends upon the version you have. I own Three of them & one has a Negative center & the other two are Positive center. I can't tell the difference just looking at the meters so I don't mix up the power cables & I have the rear of the meters market as to what plugs they take.

Depends upon the version you have. I own Three of them & one has a Negative center & the other two are Positive center. I can't tell the difference just looking at the meters so I don't mix up the power cables & I have the rear of the meters market as to what plugs they take.
what is the rating of the power adapter that you use are they original

Mine is the original that was sent with the meter when purchased..
Its just a little wallwart made by jameco. 120vac 5.5w input.. output says 9 volts dc @300 ma negative centerpin... I have not measured the actual output voltage but read someplace you can wire it up to your 12 volt supply..... Steve

Reactions: 1iwilly
Mine is the original that was sent with the meter when purchased..
Its just a little wallwart made by jameco. 120vac 5.5w input.. output says 9 volts dc @300 ma negative centerpin... I have not measured the actual output voltage but read someplace you can wire it up to your 12 volt supply..... Steve
if you get a chance can you upload a pic of it ?? thanks is it ac to ac or ac to dc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.