• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Would like to see some pictures of your pet's.

When I was 10, I had a beagle pup kind of like this one:

images (3).jpeg

This is a picture I found on the internet, but you get the idea. I begged and begged my parents for a long time to get a dog, and finally they agreed to get me one. My dad knew someone who had a farm and they had a beagle that just had pups. So it was around November and we went to the farm to pick one out. We couldn't take one home yet because they were too young, but we could get our pick. I remember laying on the floor and all the puppies were climbing on me and licking me. My dad had to tell me to settle down because I guess I was being a little too silly. I ended up picking the smallest one, the runt. They tried to talk me out of it but the runt had chosen me too.

A few weeks later, we went to pick him up and bring him home. I named him Barney. Because he was born in a barn. (Way before all that Barney the purple dinosaur crap) I learned how to take care of him and was reading a book about how to teach him tricks. Christmas came and we got him some toys that he chewed up and had all over the house. I would talk to him when we went for a walk, I don't know why. I didn't really think that he could understand me, I was just being a silly kid I guess. He would chase a ball, and I was working on trying to get him to bring it back haha. I would always take him outside with me. I would tie his leash to something when helping my dad in the yard.

On new years day morning, we were splitting wood in the side yard, and making good progress. A car came flying down the road and it sounded like it hit a cardboard box. Didn't think anything of it at the time. Then I noticed Barney wasn't where I tied him up. He had gotten loose so we started looking for him.

I found him alongside the street and realize that was the noise I heard. We wrapped him in a towel and took him inside. I wanted to take him to the vet, but he was already gone.

My father asked me if I wanted him to dig the hole out back. I told him that. I would do it. I picked a nice spot along the fence. I dug the hole. I put him in. And then I covered him with dirt.

People think that I don't like dogs, but that's not true. I have never felt that I needed another dog, because I never wanted to go through that again. That was almost 40 years ago, and I feel that someday I would like to have another dog. Just not right now. My wife has some cats, and I enjoy them but its not the same. I really enjoy seeing everyone's dogs and I thank everyone for sharing.

I still have his dog tag and keep it in my sock drawer. Every time I run out of socks, I see it and member him. This was so hard for me to write, thanks for taking the time to read it.
Chris

IMG_20200321_132106.jpg

I named him Barney.

Shade, my first dog was also a beagle, I had named it Barney. Interesting. Must be popular name for beagle back then.

It's not weird to talk to dogs. They like it, and do understand. Always talk to my dogs, I talk dog....fluently. They talk back to me. Not like that stupid baked bean dog on tv, but with body language and using their form of verbal communication.

Go git you nuther'n.

View attachment 35431

This is a picture I found on the internet, but you get the idea. I begged and begged my parents for a long time to get a dog, and finally they agreed to get me one. My dad knew someone who had a farm and they had a beagle that just had pups. So it was around November and we went to the farm to pick one out. We couldn't take one home yet because they were too young, but we could get our pick. I remember laying on the floor and all the puppies were climbing on me and licking me. My dad had to tell me to settle down because I guess I was being a little too silly. I ended up picking the smallest one, the runt. They tried to talk me out of it but the runt had chosen me too.

A few weeks later, we went to pick him up and bring him home. I named him Barney. Because he was born in a barn. (Way before all that Barney the purple dinosaur crap) I learned how to take care of him and was reading a book about how to teach him tricks. Christmas came and we got him some toys that he chewed up and had all over the house. I would talk to him when we went for a walk, I don't know why. I didn't really think that he could understand me, I was just being a silly kid I guess. He would chase a ball, and I was working on trying to get him to bring it back haha. I would always take him outside with me. I would tie his leash to something when helping my dad in the yard.

On new years day morning, we were splitting wood in the side yard, and making good progress. A car came flying down the road and it sounded like it hit a cardboard box. Didn't think anything of it at the time. Then I noticed Barney wasn't where I tied him up. He had gotten loose so we started looking for him.

I found him alongside the street and realize that was the noise I heard. We wrapped him in a towel and took him inside. I wanted to take him to the vet, but he was already gone.

My father asked me if I wanted him to dig the hole out back. I told him that. I would do it. I picked a nice spot along the fence. I dug the hole. I put him in. And then I covered him with dirt.

People think that I don't like dogs, but that's not true. I have never felt that I needed another dog, because I never wanted to go through that again. That was almost 40 years ago, and I feel that someday I would like to have another dog. Just not right now. My wife has some cats, and I enjoy them but its not the same. I really enjoy seeing everyone's dogs and I thank everyone for sharing.

I still have his dog tag and keep it in my sock drawer. Every time I run out of socks, I see it and member him. This was so hard for me to write, thanks for taking the time to read it.
Chris

View attachment 35432

Not many things make a tear run down my face, but this did.
Thanks for sharing.

That's usually what I pick the runt of the bunch, can honestly say not one has been a bad choice. Once they don't have to fight the pecking order they seem to thrive.
I understand the pain of loss, I'm still not over Marley passing away. That's what's hard about having pets, we tend to out live them, but that's just life I suppose.

20200321_163956.jpg

Fount this here fella out in the yard. Guess momma left out in hurry and dropped a couple.

Update: Got little opossum to some folks who run wildlife rehabilitation. Critter has better chance in life. They will raise it and release it back into the wild. My dog Dave was disappointed, Sue girl has her puppy, guess he thought he could raise a baby opossum. He was quite intrigued with me keeping it in a wash cloth under my shirt. Best way to warm that baby up.

Last edited:
Ok the black and white cat was found in my yard (Ollie), the solid gray cat was found at 1 day old under a neighbor's porch and bottle fed (Milo) the Maine coon mix is rescued after 1 1/2 years in a cage at humane society.(Elmo) the Brindle dog is a Plott hound and was a humane society rescue. (Hunter) and the Chocolate Staffordshire terrier is a rescue(Capone). 2 ball pythons are Apollo and Elizabeth and the Redtail Boa is Damien.

Attachments

• FullSizeR(2).jpg
    FullSizeR(2).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3004.jpg
    IMG_3004.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 187

View attachment 35431

Chris

View attachment 35432[/QUOTE

I am sorry.

This is Ollie.. 2 yr old labradoodle. Couple years ago my wife was going back and forth.. one day it was "I want another baby" next day "we need a dog". I told her one or the other... long story short she got both :cry:. Love em both but geez not at the same time!
Blackcat, that pic of Ollie makes me think of those grittiers you see on the Muppet show. IT'S TIME TO PUT ON MAKEUP
IT'S TIME TO LIGHT THE LIGHTS
IT'S TIME TO GET THINGS STARTED ON THE MUPPET SHOW TONIGHT!(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated