• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Would you use this site feature if we had it?

Should worldwidedx.com have member blogs?

• Yes, and I would contribute with my own blog

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Yes, but I would only read others. I probably wouldn't contribute.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, I would rather do that on my own

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
One of the features of the site that we can turn on is to let people create their own blogs in a special area of the site that can be featured. Some people have been sort-of doing this already in forum posts, but the blog feature would make it more useful.

An example of what you could do is to create your own mini-site here like Mike did on his own, like this: Mike Mercury Ham Radio Page - FTM-350R

If we turn this on, would you use it? Would you be inclined to use this site to help you build your own blog/mini-website in lieu of having to create one on your own host? It seems like it would be cool to me, but only if enough members participated.

i think it could be a cool place to store info that you find here on the forum.

i can never seem to find old posts when i need them, and i could type up a "this is what i learned here today" sort of thing.

then when people ask certain questions i could refer back to it rather than searching around the forum.

LC

Tim this would also keep this stuff from being posted and scattered throughout the different sections in the forum.

Sounds good to me Moleculo.

Will there be a tag and search feature that will allow us to reference or link to a specific area or topic in our blog, or will everything added---just be on one continuous long page like we see so far with Mike's blog?

For example, if Mike adds more details for several other radios he would like to present, will they all be stored on just the one page or will he be able to create other pages or areas that are search-able and that make each topic unique?

If we setup a blog, will other Internet outsiders have to register with WWRF in order to make access?

Ditto what Marconi asked, and by contribute is this to be a premium feature for those who pay/sponsor the site or one of the free features.

I dislike Facebook, but enjoy Multiply. Two different worlds; Facebook is disorganized and scatterbrained, Multiply is organized and easily accessible.

Example? In Touch

Sounds good to me Moleculo.

Will there be a tag and search feature that will allow us to reference or link to a specific area or topic in our blog, or will everything added---just be on one continuous long page like we see so far with Mike's blog?

For example, if Mike adds more details for several other radios he would like to present, will they all be stored on just the one page or will he be able to create other pages or areas that are search-able and that make each topic unique?

If we setup a blog, will other Internet outsiders have to register with WWRF in order to make access?

I'm not sure exactly how it works yet because I haven't played with it. I have to upgrade the site to do it (MAJOR pain in the ass but probably worth it)

People from the outside would definitely be able to view it, but if they wanted to comment or post they would have to join.

id be interested ........ if its not difficult to setup and use .
could we allow or disallow comments from folks from posting comments in the blog ?

I would definitely be interested in it. I was thinking about setting up a mini-site myself but if the option is available here I will do that instead.

73 Darryl VA7DTP

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.